PDA

View Full Version : Fish questions/dilemma.

SteveCGY
12-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Ok to start off my tanks a 55 gallon 36" long.

Current fish list:
Yellow tang
Clown
Purple dotty back
Blue damsel
Royal gramma
Various snails/crabs.

So I'm thinking of selling my yellow tang as he is getting to big for this tank and adding another clown so they can be a pair. Would this be hard to find a mate for him as he's already like a year old? Should I sell both clown and tang and buy 2 clowns at the same time. What do these two fish generally sell for if I were to sell them? I really don't wanna sell the tang as it adds nice color but it's getting big and I'm sure the tang police will be knocking on my door soon.

mrhasan
12-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Get a smaller clownfish than your current one.

reefwars
12-10-2013, 11:18 PM

Current fish list:
Yellow tang
Clown
Purple dotty back
Blue damsel
Royal gramma
Various snails/crabs.

So I'm thinking of selling my yellow tang as he is getting to big for this tank and adding another clown so they can be a pair. Would this be hard to find a mate for him as he's already like a year old? Should I sell both clown and tang and buy 2 clowns at the same time. What do these two fish generally sell for if I were to sell them? I really don't wanna sell the tang as it adds nice color but it's getting big and I'm sure the tang police will be knocking on my door soon.

add a pair of designer clowns , we got some on the way for boxing day sales:)

your yellow could fetch $50 and the clowns arnt pricey so id say $10-$15

we retail common ocellaris for $12 each:)

cheers

denny

SteveCGY
12-11-2013, 12:32 AM
add a pair of designer clowns , we got some on the way for boxing day sales:)

your yellow could fetch $50 and the clowns arnt pricey so id say $10-$15

we retail common ocellaris for $12 each:)

cheers

denny

I don't know how well "designer" and me go together but it defiantly is a thought for me to consider.

Poseidons Reef
12-13-2013, 01:25 PM

Current fish list:
Yellow tang
Clown
Purple dotty back
Blue damsel
Royal gramma
Various snails/crabs.

Def sell the clown and the yellow tang.
I sell tangs for 35-40$ in ontario and clowns for what the previous poster said.

It will be hard to match clowns up, sometimes they do but other times they'll rip each other up.

Id also keep an eye on that purple dotty back,
Mine was very aggressive to smaller fish.