PDA

View Full Version : Coral Frenzy and Coral Snow

Steve...
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

A local reefer had some extra Coral Frenzy and Coral Snow that he passed onto me. Can anyone let me know what the experiences been with these two products??

Thanks!

ashr
12-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I use coral snow and I think it works as I only feed it at night.. Hard to tell if it in fact is really doing a lot. My corals are always growing.. so.. its a toss up..

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Coral snow just binds the floating particles in the water and helps the skimmer grab them better. Thus the water becomes sparkling clear. CS is one of those products that works flawlessly. Just dose half the recommended dosing. Zeovit products are extremely concentrated (2ml is enough to make my 70 gallon water cloudy).

Jakegr
12-09-2013, 01:50 AM
I really like coral snow. It is a flocculant. I use it after I clean my tank once a week to clear up the water. It really does make the water crystal clear.

I don't use it everyday as it likely takes food out of the water column, which may or may not effect your corals (depending on what corals you have).

Steve...
12-09-2013, 01:53 AM
So I guess add Coral Snow after a water change would be a good idea then.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 02:12 AM
So I guess add Coral Snow after a water change would be a good idea then.

There you go ;) Great stuff to use after wc. But you can use it once in a while too (like 2x every week) if you want.

brotherd
12-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Just started using cs full strength.No ill effects and chrystal clear water.It is alarming how cloudy the water is at first but it clears after a few hours.No skimmer drama either.I like so far.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Just started using cs full strength.No ill effects and chrystal clear water.It is alarming how cloudy the water is at first but it clears after a few hours.No skimmer drama either.I like so far.

None of the zeovit product causes skimmer to go nuts. Me likes :biggrin:

Steve...
12-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Where is the best place to purchase to product once Im out?

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Where is the best place to purchase to product once Im out?

Concept carries some zeovits.

SteveCGY
12-09-2013, 04:48 AM
This makes me wanna try it out.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 05:14 AM
This makes me wanna try it out.

Haha. Yah I started with CS too and now running full zeo :lol: It makes you more interactive with your tank :smile:

Madreefer
12-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Coral snow is good.
But some people get brainwashed and think the zeo progam is so great, others think it's snake oil.:wink: I've tried the additives, and i'd rather spend my money on better equipment.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Coral snow is good.
But some people get brainwashed and think the zeo progam is so great, others think it's snake oil.:wink: I've tried the additives, and i'd rather spend my money on better equipment.

Can't argue with that Bill :lol: Obviously you don't need zeo to have a wonderful tank but neither is it snake oil :razz: But I thought you are going full zeo too.

Madreefer
12-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Can't argue with that Bill :lol: Obviously you don't need zeo to have a wonderful tank but neither is it snake oil :razz: But I thought you are going full zeo too.

No Raeid you must have me confused with someone else. I've thought about it a couple of times and might have tried it had I not have to order everything online.
And nobody has chimed in on the Coral Frenzy, I use it when I remember which is maybe once every 2-3 weeks. The polyps on all of my corals go crazy when I do feed. I find it's best to feed in the middle of the night when its on the lunar time for those who like to feed.
But i'm also one of those guys that really do believe that fish poop is the best thing for our corals so feeding corals IMO is not necessary.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 06:32 AM
No Raeid you must have me confused with someone else. I've thought about it a couple of times and might have tried it had I not have to order everything online.
And nobody has chimed in on the Coral Frenzy, I use it when I remember which is maybe once every 2-3 weeks. The polyps on all of my corals go crazy when I do feed. I find it's best to feed in the middle of the night when its on the lunar time for those who like to feed.
But i'm also one of those guys that really do believe that fish poop is the best thing for our corals so feeding corals IMO is not necessary.

Oh.

+1 to the bold line. Atleast fish poop doesn't make skimmer go crazy! I hate things which make skimmer go crazy.

Jakegr
12-09-2013, 06:43 AM
The Zeovit system obviously can work great. There are some amazing Zeovit tanks out there, some of the best I have ever seen. The cost is what kills it for me. I know a few reefers that started the system, only to stop a year later due to the high costs.

kien
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Coral snow is good.
But some people get brainwashed and think the zeo progam is so great, others think it's snake oil.:wink:

Actually, Coral Snow is a snake. Trust me, I know. :neutral:

KPG007
12-09-2013, 03:53 PM

I agree that with you to a point. I do use a few Zeovit additives (Coral Snow is one of them, and I highly recommend it) and I was finding that some of my LPS (like Acans) were not doing well and were receding. So one night I spot fed my LPS (and tank really) with a mix of Coral Frenzy, Reef Roids, and some Acan food, and the next day my Acans looked bigger and better then ever! Since then I try and feed once or twice a week. The Acans are growing, colors are coming out better then ever, and the SPS polyps are more extended and might even be growing faster.

I would say Coral Frenzy is a good idea in moderation (once or twice a week).

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Actually, Coral Snow is a snake. Trust me, I know. :neutral:

http://suncoastherps.com/animals/corns/coralsnowcorn.jpg

hillegom
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
lol
coral snow corn snake

Magickiwi
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM
http://suncoastherps.com/animals/corns/coralsnowcorn.jpg

Nice corn. Your's?

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Nice corn. Your's?

Haha. Nop just a random pic from the net. I am not a reptile guy; they give me goosebumps :redface:

SteveCGY
12-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Can I get coral snow anywhere in south calgary? Really wanna try it out but Really don't want to go up to the north.

mrhasan
12-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Can I get coral snow anywhere in south calgary? Really wanna try it out but Really don't want to go up to the north.

You can order it online to be delivered to the south :razz: