PDA

View Full Version : What's up with my Yellow tang?

The Guy
12-06-2013, 11:00 PM
My Yellow tang has decided he/she will dig out the rear corner of the reef tank. Can anyone tell me what's going on.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee386/clownlover1/006_zps78fed204.jpg (http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/clownlover1/media/006_zps78fed204.jpg.html)

The Guy
12-07-2013, 05:13 AM
This is really weird behavior and this fish has never done this kind of thing before, the sand is dig out right down to the glass now! Guess I'll see what it looks like in the morning. I thought for sure somebody on Canreef would have a comment.

Madreefer
12-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Hey Laurie my naso tang did the same thing when he outgrew my tank. I have him to someone with a 350G and he never did it again. I'm sure your YT hasn't outgrown yours.

mike31154
12-07-2013, 02:49 PM
My Maroon Clownfish female digs into the sand bed below the pair's spawning territory, but I've never seen my Yellow Tang exhibit this behaviour, so no clue as to why yours is doing this. Since my clownfish are a mated pair & spawning, I always assumed the sand digging was related to a territorial and/or nesting instinct. Are there more Tangs in your tank?

The Guy
12-07-2013, 04:24 PM
My Maroon Clownfish female digs into the sand bed below the pair's spawning territory, but I've never seen my Yellow Tang exhibit this behaviour, so no clue as to why yours is doing this. Since my clownfish are a mated pair & spawning, I always assumed the sand digging was related to a territorial and/or nesting instinct. Are there more Tangs in your tank?
No more yellow tangs, but there is a kole & naso tang both smaller, he's not acting mean, just in the corner acting weird, I pushed to sand back in the corner and I'll see what happens. thanks for your input.

The Guy
12-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey Laurie my naso tang did the same thing when he outgrew my tank. I have him to someone with a 350G and he never did it again. I'm sure your YT hasn't outgrown yours.
Ya this guy is about 3" and has tons of room to grow yet I would think.