PDA

View Full Version : ViaAqua titanium

Doug
12-05-2013, 03:22 AM
I bought a 100 watt unit. More warnings on it than my pill bottles. Im scared to put it in my holding tank....:lol:

mrhasan
12-05-2013, 03:45 AM
WARNING AND SAFEGUARDS
Before installation of the ViaAqua® Titanium Heater, read and
follow these important warning and safeguards.
1. Always disconnect the heater from the power supply prior to
maintenance of the aquarium.
2. When removing the heater from the aquarium the heater must be
unplugged for 30 minutes prior to removal.
3. Heater and the sensor must be submersed in the same body of water
4. Plug only into a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). The national
code requires that a GFCI be used in the branch circuit supplying
power to all water pumps and electrical aquarium equipment.
5. Do not plug into an extension cord/power strip.
6. Do not operate the heater if any of the cords are damaged.
7. Do not operate the heater out of water.
8. The temperature controller must not come in contact with water and/
or moisture.
9. For indoor household use only.
WARNING! Buyer/user assumes all responsibility
for safety and proper use not in accordance with
the directions and safety labels.
This product may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause
cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash your hand after
handling this product.
It is your sole responsibilities to verify that the plug and the receptacle are clean
and free of moisture and salt build up at all times. The receptacle must be free
of water, salt, calcium, magnesium and dust. Failure to do so can cause fire,
damage to property, permanent damage to the product and personal injury not
limited to loss of life.
Do not plug into extension cord/power strip.
A drip loop must be used when plugging all electrical aquarium devices. A drip
loop is that part of the cord hanging below the receptacle.
The national code requires that a GFCI (Ground fault circuit interrupter)
be used in the branch circuit supplying all power to water pumps and
electrical aquarium equipment. If you do not have a GFCI, have an
electrician install one prior to operating any aquarium component.
Additional Safety Precautions & Warnings: Age Recommendation: 18 years or over. Not a toy. Not intended for use
by children without direct adult supervision. As the user of this product,
you are solely responsible for operating it in a manner that does not
endanger yourself and others or result in damage to the product or the property of others

intarsiabox
12-05-2013, 04:00 AM
I guess I shouldn't be using mine as hotdog bun warmer any more then?

Doug
12-05-2013, 04:02 AM
WARNING AND SAFEGUARDS
Before installation of the ViaAqua® Titanium Heater, read and
follow these important warning and safeguards.
1. Always disconnect the heater from the power supply prior to
maintenance of the aquarium.
2. When removing the heater from the aquarium the heater must be
unplugged for 30 minutes prior to removal.
3. Heater and the sensor must be submersed in the same body of water
4. Plug only into a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). The national
code requires that a GFCI be used in the branch circuit supplying
power to all water pumps and electrical aquarium equipment.
6. Do not operate the heater if any of the cords are damaged.
7. Do not operate the heater out of water.
8. The temperature controller must not come in contact with water and/
or moisture.
9. For indoor household use only.
WARNING! Buyer/user assumes all responsibility
for safety and proper use not in accordance with
the directions and safety labels.
This product may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause
cancer and or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash your hand after
handling this product.
It is your sole responsibilities to verify that the plug and the receptacle are clean
and free of moisture and salt build up at all times. The receptacle must be free
of water, salt, calcium, magnesium and dust. Failure to do so can cause fire,
damage to property, permanent damage to the product and personal injury not
limited to loss of life.
Do not plug into extension cord/power strip.
A drip loop must be used when plugging all electrical aquarium devices. A drip
loop is that part of the cord hanging below the receptacle.
The national code requires that a GFCI (Ground fault circuit interrupter)
be used in the branch circuit supplying all power to water pumps and
electrical aquarium equipment. If you do not have a GFCI, have an
electrician install one prior to operating any aquarium component.
Additional Safety Precautions & Warnings: Age Recommendation: 18 years or over. Not a toy. Not intended for use
by children without direct adult supervision. As the user of this product,
you are solely responsible for operating it in a manner that does not
endanger yourself and others or result in damage to the product or the property of others

Like I said, more warnings than my pill bottles. Dont plug into a powerbar. ????????????????????????????????????????????

I guess I shouldn't be using mine as hotdog bun warmer any more then?

:lol:

Scythanith
12-05-2013, 04:03 AM
More warnings on it than my pill bottles.

Thanks for the chuckle!

mrhasan
12-05-2013, 04:06 AM
Like I said, more warnings than my pill bottles. Dont plug into a powerbar. ????????????????????????????????????????????

This could all be written with just one line:

DO NOT USE THE HEATER.

Such a waste of ink, page space and time (reading it). :lol:

Doug
12-05-2013, 04:09 AM
Aww. I need it for my holding tank for awhile. It will be on my controller in the main tank. I have an Ebo 75 w in there now but the stupid thing drifts up and down over a degree. Not a biggie but not right.

I have coral frags in there now..........3 lined chromis from Kraken coming tomm and coral order from FragCave the next day and then Gregs next week. All going in there. Thats a sizable loss if something goes wrong.

mrhasan
12-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Aww. I need it for my holding tank for awhile. It will be on my controller in the main tank. I have an Ebo 75 w in there now but the stupid thing drifts up and down over a degree. Not a biggie but not right.

I have coral frags in there now..........3 lined chromis from Kraken coming tomm and coral order from FragCave the next day and then Gregs next week. All going in there. Thats a sizable loss if something goes wrong.

Didn't you see this warning:

:lol:

Oh...those chromis are AWESOME :D I have 3 in my tank; keeps the whole tank busy. Much more active than blue/green.

Doug
12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
I read your story on them...LOL. That was one reason I bough them. And three also..:D

and I still read it. Better than a novel..

mrhasan
12-05-2013, 04:32 AM
I read your story on them...LOL. That was one reason I bough them. And three also..:D

and I still read it. Better than a novel..

Thanks for such high appraisal Doug :D :D :D

The Guy
12-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Those warnings "IMO" are in case you buy the product and you are a total moron about electrical, I have 3 of these heaters and they work great.
I would say most of us have common sense and use it, but there may be some out there that do not, so they have to cover their butt!! :frusty:

Magickiwi
12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I’ve never quite understood the reasoning behind having dozens of warnings on various common sense things. If a person is too stupid to not submerge the controller for the heater do you think they are smart enough to read the warning section?

Not to mention, how far should humanity go to protect incredibly stupid people? I’d prefer the ghost of Darwin step in and add some ozone to the gene pool. If people that dumb get a chance to breed we’ve removed natural selection as a process for humanity.

LoJack
12-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I’ve never quite understood the reasoning behind having dozens of warnings on various common sense things. If a person is too stupid to not submerge the controller for the heater do you think they are smart enough to read the warning section?

Not to mention, how far should humanity go to protect incredibly stupid people? I’d prefer the ghost of Darwin step in and add some ozone to the gene pool. If people that dumb get a chance to breed we’ve removed natural selection as a process for humanity.

lol nice

This makes me think of Jerry Seinfeld's standup

"Did you know that on the original Superman halloween costume, there is actually a warning that says This costume does not give you the ability to Fly! Right, I'd like to see the kid that's stupid enough to think he can fly, but smart enough to read the box for the warning"

Priceless.

And I agree, Darwin would be rolling over in his grave. We are evolving backwards as a society now.

Doug
12-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Well its in there and will be turned on shortly.

:pray2:

Aquattro
12-05-2013, 04:34 PM
You actually read the label?

Doug
12-05-2013, 04:43 PM
You actually read the label?

Ya I know. Was bored so read the little booklet.

asylumdown
12-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I think those warnings are just to cover their a**es because they know that 99.9% of people who buy them will plug them in to a power bar, or some sort of extension cord. I mean really, who has enough wall sockets to run an entire aquarium, and how else can you use this thing with a controller? That way, if your house burns down, even if it was 100% the heater's fault, they're pretty much un-suable because they'll be able to claim you weren't following their safety instructions.

Bill
12-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I have one, many years old and still going strong. I have to admit that I also read the brochures, it keeps me from falling asleep in front of my tank. I really like the one that comes with the metal halide bulbs about UV radiation this and don't look at the bulb that. I've been staring athemforyearsnowandther'snotingwromgwithme!

Cheers

Magickiwi
12-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I have one, many years old and still going strong. I have to admit that I also read the brochures, it keeps me from falling asleep in front of my tank. I really like the one that comes with the metal halide bulbs about UV radiation this and don't look at the bulb that. I've been staring athemforyearsnowandther'snotingwromgwithme!

Cheers

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Bill on his 69th post. It's a magical # and it's gone too soon...

I also have a via titanium heater, does the trick for my daughter's nano and works in tandem with the chiller quite well.

Madreefer
12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I too have 3 of those. And after reading all the instructions you just posted,well I've pretty much broke every one of their rules. They do get extremely hot, I always forget to unplug when doing a water change and only notice when I can smell the heat. 2 of them work great and the other one is out by 8 degrees.

Aquattro
12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
FWIW, I've been using one of these for more years than I can recall, and it's probably the only thing that hasn't tried to burn my house down!

albert_dao
12-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Too bd fair, you really shouldn't be plugging heaters or lights onto what are typically electronic grade/low load power bars.

You find the same warnings on space heaters. Often in bold.

Doug
12-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Thanks guys. Its running.

Albert., its a heavy duty power bar, FWTW. It will be on my Apex bar on the new tank. I have a RK2, with an 8 plug in power bar, on my 20g but only one temp probe port, which is of course in my 20g