PDA

View Full Version : My Vortech MP10w is flashing red/green...

Simmy
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
I tried resetting it as per the videos on the vortech site and I cleaned the wet side but its still flashing green/red. If I have to buy a new powerhead for a RSM250 what would you recommend?

Ideally I'd like to get this one back working but....

Thanks!

mrhasan
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM
If you want the best bang for the buck...wp25 would be the best bet for you. And if you have too much money sitting around, you can't go wrong with tunzi (or another vortech). :wink:

gqlmao
12-03-2013, 05:48 PM
If it is your dry side, red/green according to their site means stalled motor or impeller. If you determine that it is the dry side. You can get a replacement for around 140 bucks or if you don't mind a slightly larger power head tunze makes very reliable ones as well. Jaebos put out a lot of flow for the money, like Mr.Hasan said best bang for your buck.

Simmy
12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I have a Tunze nano on the right side of my tank. I used the Vortech to modify flow since it has all the presettings for different modes. I like the size of the MP10. Is there anything of similar size or is Vortech all there is of that size? I've sent ecotech an email about it. The pump is about 1.5 years old....bought it used off another reefer. I'm not optimistic with the options they're going to present to me though so I'm preparing for the worse.

gqlmao
12-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I haven't come across anything smaller than the vortech interms of actual inside tank space. The only thing that comes close is the tunze 6015 turbelle, even that is a giant over the mp10.

I have a Tunze nano on the right side of my tank. I used the Vortech to modify flow since it has all the presettings for different modes. I like the size of the MP10. Is there anything of similar size or is Vortech all there is of that size? I've sent ecotech an email about it. The pump is about 1.5 years old....bought it used off another reefer. I'm not optimistic with the options they're going to present to me though so I'm preparing for the worse.

Simmy
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your suggestions....I'll wait to hear back from Ecotech first before I plan my next move I guess. I might just bite the bullet and go buy the MP10 again. That way I can see if my wet or dry side I currently have is defective. I wonder if J&L will have these on sale during Boxing Day? Have they in the past?

intarsiabox
12-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your suggestions....I'll wait to hear back from Ecotech first before I plan my next move I guess. I might just bite the bullet and go buy the MP10 again. That way I can see if my wet or dry side I currently have is defective. I wonder if J&L will have these on sale during Boxing Day? Have they in the past?

Not typically. Price fixing on Eco Tech products in Canada is enforced and then we're given the excuse that it's for the benefit of the consumer. Salty Supply in the US may still have them at 20% off but with exchange and shipping I'm not sure what the final price will be.

neoh
12-04-2013, 04:43 AM
I had the red/green last week on my mp40. I let it flash for awhile, then came back to it about three days later, reset it and she's working again. <shrug>

Could try it again?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Sorry I jinxed you when I mentioned that MP10s & 40s have a bad history of needing expensive replacement parts. My bad. If you want a WP25 let me know. Doing a small group order for Metro Vancouver for some stuff from ReefSupplyCanada.

Anthony

Craigdillman
12-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Have you tried the hard and soft resets on them? Go to the vortech websites and check out the help videos it walks through resetting them and recalibrating them

worth a try

Simmy
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey Anthony, pure coincidence! :) When are you putting in the order....I'm still trying to figure out if I can fix the thing first.

I've tried the videos on their site to no avail unfortuneatly.