PDA

View Full Version : Frag rack care

jason604
11-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Man I'm getting really really annoyed and need tips to how ppl keep their frag rack full when they wake up in the morning!!! Every morning I wake up to many many fallen frag plugs from my rack(egg crates) due to those damn snails climbing in it and just knocking everything down. Or somehow my GIANT red scarlet hermit climbs my sps like spider man n reach over to my rack which is at least 3" away from anything. I know I (may) be able to move the rack farther so crab can't super reach it but what do I do about the snails?

asylumdown
11-29-2013, 06:02 AM
is your rack in the main DT?

Other than removing your snails, I think your only option would be to go with a different style of frag rack, or start using plugs that fit the egg crate better (if such a thing exists). Mine is only a 20 plug rack, but it's clear acrylic with holes drilled in it that are almost the exact circumference of a frag plug. I get snails all up in that business all the time and they never fall out.

If you can't find one for sale commercially that works, you could probably have one made for cheap.

jason604
11-29-2013, 06:06 AM
is your rack in the main DT?

Other than removing your snails, I think your only option would be to go with a different style of frag rack, or start using plugs that fit the egg crate better (if such a thing exists). Mine is only a 20 plug rack, but it's clear acrylic with holes drilled in it that are almost the exact circumference of a frag plug. I get snails all up in that business all the time and they never fall out.

If you can't find one for sale commercially that works, you could probably have one made for cheap.

I actually have a frag from some1 that's plug foot was a rectangular shape and fits absolutely perfectly in the egg crates. Any1 know where I can get those plugs? Yes my frag rack is in my DT and removing snails won't be an option. I won't be freeing my slaves anytime soon or at all ever >=)

Wheelman76
11-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Get some more egg crate and glue a thin strip all the way around the outside of the rack making a little lip , so to speak so that nothing falls off.

asylumdown
11-29-2013, 06:21 AM
How about these guys:

http://modreef.com

Not sure how you get them though, it doesn't look like they have an online store. You might be able to order them by contacting them directly, or see if you can get one of the stores in Van to bring them in.

toytech
11-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Ive had the square based plugs too , ORA corals come on them sometimes so just buy a bunch of ORA stuff and you will have lots.

spit.fire
11-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I actually have a frag from some1 that's plug foot was a rectangular shape and fits absolutely perfectly in the egg crates. Any1 know where I can get those plugs? Yes my frag rack is in my DT and removing snails won't be an option. I won't be freeing my slaves anytime soon or at all ever >=)

I think I know who that plug came from
Guy I know makes them, I'll talk to him about getting some next time I see him

intarsiabox
11-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Eco-Tech now makes frag plugs that are designed to specifically fit egg crate. Not sure on pricing or how tightly they fit though.

LoJack
11-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Eco-Tech now makes frag plugs that are designed to specifically fit egg crate. Not sure on pricing or how tightly they fit though.

Not to mention that if Eco-tech is making them the plugs are probably more expensive than the frag mounted to them lol

jason604
11-30-2013, 07:32 AM
I think I know who that plug came from
Guy I know makes them, I'll talk to him about getting some next time I see him

Were they acrylic? That be awesome if u can get some=) but Ur kinda far =(

Not to mention that if Eco-tech is making them the plugs are probably more expensive than the frag mounted to them lol

Lol ecotech do make a lot of overpriced stuff =P