PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer and superglue

Timbits
11-28-2013, 06:32 AM
I glued a bunch of frags last night and woke up the next morning with the skimmer going insane pouring overtop. Didn't do anything else to the tank out of the ordinary. Trying to figure out why, could the glue have caused this? Never had a issue before but this time I did glue a lot more frags than before. I thought only epoxy caused skimmers to go crazy. I used the loctite brand btw. Thanks.

spit.fire
11-28-2013, 08:12 AM
I've never had any issues with superglue, also if you use vertex epoxy your skimmer won't go crazy

Timbits
12-03-2013, 01:49 AM
I've never had any issues with superglue, also if you use vertex epoxy your skimmer won't go crazy

Hmm weird that's what I thought, I wonder what happened then... Thanks for that may need to go get sum

mrhasan
12-03-2013, 01:50 AM

+1. I have used few different brands of glues and nothing has caused my skimmer to go crazy.

Snappy
12-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Could be anything, maybe your snails or clams were spawing during the night?

Timbits
12-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Could be anything, maybe your snails or clams were spawing during the night?

Nope, no snails or clams in the tank...

asylumdown
12-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Do you use filter socks? My skimmer can some times go nuts after I change a filter sock.

LoJack
12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Could have just been a coincidence. If salt creep blocks off your venturi (air intake / muffler) … it will raise the level in your skimmer column and cause an overflow.

Often the splashing then cleans the venturi and by the time you notice it … your stuck scratching your head wondering what the heck happened.