PDA

View Full Version : Do you refrigerate Selcon and/or Garlic supplements?

Simmy
11-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Do any of you refrigerate Selcon or Garlic drops?

Why or why not?

Thanks.

Timbits
11-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Yes put everything in the fridge. It just extends the life of that product and keeps it fresh. You don't want to be giving foul stuff to your fish. I put my dry fish food in the fridge also and the freezer for longer time storage. Hope this helps.

tim the toolman
11-27-2013, 11:37 PM
I refrigerate all mine as well. Mainly because why not. Can't hurt anything but may well help.

NickC
11-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I would, one of the main ingredients in selcon is marine lipids (omega 3 fatty acid), which is derived from the body oils of deep water fish. I've emailed american marine for some hopeful clarification. But IMO if there is anything derived from fish inside then there should be refrigeration.

Cal_stir
11-28-2013, 01:00 AM
I refrigerate everything except zoevit and brightwell products, even veggie sheets

NickC
11-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Interesting enough my response from American Marine(makers of selcon) was
"Store in a cool dry place. Refrigeration makes the solution hard to mix."

intarsiabox
11-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I refrigerate all of my stuff as well. I didn't always though, I kept some stuff in the kitchen fridge and the wife got annoyed and bought me a mini fridge with a freezer to keep all my stuff in. So since I got the space I may as well use it.

Simmy
11-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Thanks for your comments. I bought my selcon at jl the other day and they weren't refrigerated so I thought I'd ask if it were a good or bad idea.

Chase31
11-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Thanks for your comments. I bought my selcon at jl the other day and they weren't refrigerated so I thought I'd ask if it were a good or bad idea.

I think since it's vacuum or hermetically sealed it does not have to be refrigerated till opened. Sort of like juice or a lot of the things you buy at Safeway. They all say refrigerate after opening.