PDA

View Full Version : Hang on back overflows?

Dlo132
11-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi all- I am considering swapping my oldschool hang on back overflow with one of the fancy ones from CPR. Does anyone have experience with these?, of course I'd love to just get a drilled tank but I dont have an extra $600 laying around. Thanks all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

IanWR
11-26-2013, 06:05 PM
I would get in contact with concept as I think a drilled tank can be a lot less than $600 unless you are going quite large.

denny_C
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Hi all- I am considering swapping my oldschool hang on back overflow with one of the fancy ones from CPR. Does anyone have experience with these?, of course I'd love to just get a drilled tank but I dont have an extra $600 laying around. Thanks all.

or you could get your existing tank drilled if new isnt an option and its able to be drilled(not tempered);)

an idea anyways before you spend on a cpr, drilling is a better option:)

Dlo132
11-26-2013, 06:25 PM
I'd need a new stand and cabinet, and being in our family room would have to look presentable... The tank is already stocked with fish and corals. I think that the tank is tempered glass also. :( I'll stick my nose in at concept today though and pick your brains. ;)

denny_C
11-26-2013, 06:48 PM
I'd need a new stand and cabinet, and being in our family room would have to look presentable... The tank is already stocked with fish and corals. I think that the tank is tempered glass also. :( I'll stick my nose in at concept today though and pick your brains. ;)

absolutely buddy drop on in:)

hillbillyreefer
11-27-2013, 01:54 AM

I've been running a lifereef for several years, about 5 I'd guess, it hasn't ever given any problem. I had to rescue nemo from it a couple times when young, but nothing else. Our power fails at least once a month and it starts right back up when the pumps kick in. If I was going to do it again I'd go with a dual setup just for extra piece of mind.

Doug
11-27-2013, 02:35 AM
I agree with the drilling. However if overflow is the way you wish to go, as said above, Lifereef. I dont think I have ever heard of one causing a problem.

Just google their website and you can read all about them.

Again, Im still with Denny, get a drilled tank, done by Concepts if at all possible. Still best way to go.

hillbillyreefer
11-27-2013, 02:02 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is they are fairly big they stick out from the tank about 4.5" (11-12cm) for you young 'uns. I run mine on the side of the tank.

Reef Pilot
11-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Or you could make your own.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102101&page=2
Look at post #12.