PDA

View Full Version : Fudg led light color

KevinK
11-24-2013, 02:51 PM
i want to put more powerful led's on my fudge, as i currently run gust 2x11 watt CFL's

So question is, what colour combination is best for a fudge (no frags in it)

I se often red led's used for plant growth, so what combination is right ?

6 red 620 nm or 660 nm with 2 or so whites, or no white at all, or maybe also some blue .

Any input?

byee
11-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Here's the config I'm building for my sump for my refugium with live rock.

8 x white 4500K
8 x royal blue
4 x red
4 x violet 420nm

Driving the LEDs with a pair of Meanwell ELN-60-48P drivers. Each LED is outfitted with 80 degree optics

Purchased the DIY kit from aquastyleonline.com. They also shipped me a replacement LED for each color. Unexpected surprise!

Good luck.

KevinK
11-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Here's the config I'm building for my sump for my refugium with live rock.

8 x white 4500K
8 x royal blue
4 x red
4 x violet 420nm

Driving the LEDs with a pair of Meanwell ELN-60-48P drivers. Each LED is outfitted with 80 degree optics

Purchased the DIY kit from aquastyleonline.com. They also shipped me a replacement LED for each color. Unexpected surprise!

Good luck.

That is a fair amount of blue is it not? For a fug, i thought for plant growth, i would need lots of red, and some white?

nrosdal
11-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Everything that i have found after reading many plant growth threads and articles say that you want mostly red with a little blue a little white and uv if you like. We sell lots of fuge/plant lights and if you are making your own just click on one and steal the layout as i know that these work well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks