PDA

View Full Version : fish compatability question

kuatto
07-10-2004, 02:35 AM
I started to make possible stocking lists up for my 115(36x24x30.5)with a 33gal sump.Was thinking maybe the following;
6 black bar chromis(chromis retrofasciata)-peacefull,like schooling.
1 yellow watchman goby
2 neon blue gobies.
lots of hermits and snails.

Will I have problems with putting these fish togather?I'm going to have very few corals(a few softies)and build a rock pile with lots of holes and caves to hide.
I'm just trying to make it as peaceful tank with lots of color,so any ideas would be appreciated :biggrin:

Alice
07-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Hi Jim,

You shouldn't have any trouble with that combination of fish. Chromis can sometimes be unpredictable and refuse to school or even develop a pecking order with the strongest eliminating the competition. Certainly not always though, and when they do school, it's great to watch.

Regardless of how the Chromis act with each other, they shouldn't bother the Watchman or the Gobies. Just hope that the watchman hangs out up front. :)

Alice

hockey nut
07-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Hi Jim. I currently have two black bar chromis. I like the little guys/girls. I never see them school (maybe because I only have two) . They do love swimming very close to the rock darting in and out. They are a great add to a reef tank imo. They keep to themselves and get along with all my other fish. Including a yellow watchman and his pistol shrimp buddy. A school of them would sure look nice. They are somewhat agressive when I clean my tank. I don't think they like my gloves. lol. ... HTH. Cheers :smile: