PDA

View Full Version : fish for 65g

wreck
11-20-2013, 03:10 PM
well my tank has really turned around the past week. everything looks alot happier .

now i want to start thinking about a super cool eye catching fish for it in the near future.

current fish are 2 occi clowns one is black and white the other just standard. and 1 green cromis.

corals im keeping are toadstool mushroon, few lps. and a bunch of sps frags.

any suggestions for a killer eye catching addition?

Coralgurl
11-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Fairy wrasses!!!! Easy to care for, personality and amazing colors!!!

I have a blue sided wrasse that gets annoyed with me if I don't "pet" him when I'm working in the tank and will nip at my arm. If I ever needed to catch this fish, I could scoop him with my hand. I had a radiant wrasse that did the same thing!!!

wreck
11-20-2013, 06:02 PM
ty for the reply i will doo some checking into them!

kien
11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
A pair of rhomboid wrasse!

wreck
11-21-2013, 02:27 AM
Kien those wrasse are something else but a little out of my price league hahah

Delphinus
11-21-2013, 04:22 AM
IMHO any of the fairy wrasse species would be a good fit, and they are all very spectacularly coloured. A pair of Hawaiian flames would do well in there (I kept a pair in my 65g). Just be wary that they jump (all fairy wrasses) when startled, so it's really a question of what's keeping them in the tank when (not if) they jump. A cover or full canopy is a must.

In case it helps with any inspiration .. I also have in my 65g a C. ulietesis or double-saddle butterfly, a golden dwarf moray, a Siganus doliatus or penciled rabbitfish (3", small), a flame hawk, and a diamond goby.

Other suggestions ... flame angel or potter's angel .. blue or yellow assessor .. black cap basslet ... orchid dottyback .. blennies (ooh, maybe a tailspot blenny or midas blenny? lawnmower blenny maybe?... or if you can find one, an ember blenny .. hooooooly mooolleee those are nice!) ... dartfish ... gobies .. cardinalfish ... :)

wreck
11-21-2013, 03:53 PM
whoop that gives me lots of ideas tyvm!!!

wreck
11-23-2013, 12:00 AM
I was thinking about grabbibg a melanurus wrasse. Anyone have issues on these