PDA

View Full Version : Fish Trap needed

hunggi74
11-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone out there had a fish trap I could borrow. I'm trying to catch a very elusive Tomini Tang. It is yours if I can catch it with your fish trap. Heck, it's yours if you can catch it. Fish was purchased from JL a week ago and is in perfect health. 2 1/2" long. The darn thing just keeps nipping at my scolys! The price of a new fish trap is more than what I could sell him back for, hence, my dilemma. Any advice is also appreciated!

Send me a text 604-318-0041
Hung

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-19-2013, 03:56 AM
I have a fish trap you can borrow. I'm in S. Burnaby.

tang daddy
11-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Hey Hung I could drop mine off as soon as Neoh is done using it or get it from Tony if you need it sooner.

hunggi74
11-19-2013, 06:15 AM
Chris, that would be awesome bro! The sooner the better. I dread going home to see what damage he's done today. You know my schedule is opposite mist peoples so if you could pickup it would definitely speed things up. I see you Wednesday afternoon yah?

And once again a big thank you to Anthony. You're a lifesaver (coral saver)!!

Aquattro
11-19-2013, 10:53 AM
For that size tank, I would have had it drained and fish caught by now :)

neoh
11-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I'll bring it out to Chris tonight so you can have it tomorrow - good luck with the catch! I needed it for a bi-color angel that was peaceful, but decided recently to start nipping at corals. I waited in front of the tank with a string in my hand waiting to drop the trap for a good hour until the little bastard got in there.

Best of luck!

hunggi74
11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
That would be awesome Neoh. My acans and scolys are covered in makeshift eggcrate cages to keep the tang away. Serves me right for buying a tang for such a small tank. Not small enough to drain tho Brad:wink:

Aquattro
11-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Not small enough to drain tho Brad:wink:

It's just a baby tank, you could drain and fill that in 15 minutes! :)

hunggi74
11-19-2013, 09:06 PM
It's just a baby tank, you could drain and fill that in 15 minutes! :)

The spot he hides in is a 1/2" space between my overflow and rock. I tried blocking that spot and he just finds another spot between the rocks. And he stays close to the sandbed too. I'm seriously considering it as a last resort tho. I'm thinking I'd had to remove frags on rocks then remove rock and drain water. I'm gonna give the fish trap a try first...:biggrin:

straightrazorguy
12-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Hey guys, I am looking for a trap to catch a tang too. Can I put my name on the list?

Somebody should start a trap rental service....

hunggi74
12-21-2013, 01:53 AM
PM Tang Daddy. And you can check out his frags for sale while you're at his place😉

hunggi74
12-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Actually, you might be better off draining the tank. Brad was right (shhhhhh, it happens). Tang Daddy came over and we ended up draining the tank. Much quicker than waiting 2-3 days and hoping the Fish goes into the trap. And I got a water change in as well. Do consider a tank draining as an option. But definitely easier if you got an extra set of hands to help