PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn Or Torch

Azilla
07-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Frogspawn Or Torch whats a better coral to own. I wanted to get one to see if maybe my clown will host it but dunno what one to get. :frown:

johnny rock
07-09-2004, 11:24 AM
there both nice. You really don't want to get them as a host for clowns because in most cases the CORALwill not respond to well to the clown moving around and thrashing in there. Sometimes the coral will get used to it and sometime no.

psuedo
07-09-2004, 01:26 PM
My clowns have a preference for the frogspawn, but at night when the frogspawn closes up, the clowns get confused.
Get them a anemone

Aquattro
07-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Get them an anemone

Or don't. Unless your tank is setup for an anemone, it might be a hassle. Remember, clowns don't need a host. It seems we're the ones that "need" the anemone. :razz:
I had a clown host in a large hammer coral...the coral ended up staying closed most of the time.

Azilla
07-12-2004, 09:00 AM
O Ok :frown: it just always seems so lonely how do u setup a tank for a anemone

Aquattro
07-12-2004, 01:59 PM
how do u setup a tank for a anemone

First, make sure the tank is mature. Then make sure the landscape suits the type of anemone you want. Ensure all pump intakes are protected so the anemone doesn't get sucked in. Also ensure you don't have anything in the tank yo would hate to lose from getting stung by the anemone during any walk-abouts. Some anemones (carpets) will remove all those pesky fish you have, so make sure if you geta carpet, you're not too fond of your (non) clown fish. I'll reiterate the mature part. Water quallity has to be top notch.
Most anemones do best (demand) with MH lighting. Some have flow preferences. Some are natural hosts for the type of clown you have, some aren't. Your clown won't neccessarily host in the anemone you buy.

Once you've decided that you really want to keep an anemone because you think they're great animals (instead of 'cause your fish looks lonely), browse the anemone forum on RC. Read the anemone FAQ. Learn all about them. Learn that for an animal that is close to being immortal, aquarists have a terrible habit of killing them within a year of purchase. Learn that just because you have a clown fish, doesn't mean you need to get an anemone. Really, your fish is just fine without it.

EmilyB
07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
A good article:

http://www.breeders-registry.gen.ca.us/anemonesurveyresults.htm

Azilla
07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Ya i dont think i want one anyways. Too much to worry about. Thanks for all the info on all subjects.