PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit in a new Nano Questions

intarsiabox
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Starting a new nano reef that is going to be mostly SPS with some zoas and acans. It is a standard 29g and is using all marco rock with one piece of LR if I can find a decent piece in Edmonton that actually has lots of coralline on it, all I've seen lately just looks like marco rock that is in water. I was looking to try some of the zeovit additives this time around. Thinking Coral Snow, Coral Vitalizer and Phol's Xtra. I'm thinking sponge power would be a waste of money using Marco rock? Is there any point in adding anything to the system before it is stocked with coral? Any other additives to recommend? I'm just looking for good growth, good color and crystal clear water.

Duncans n' Dendros
11-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Has the marco been seeded and cycled? I dont think theres any point to using zeo if you dont have any coral in the tank. Unless you like wasting your money.

intarsiabox
11-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Has the marco been seeded and cycled? I dont think theres any point to using zeo if you dont have any coral in the tank. Unless you like wasting your money.

Zeovit has a number of products that can be added to help add bacteria and help cycle the tank. I was asking about sponge power in particular at this point to start seeding the rock with bacteria and such (if it can) and other additives later on when corals have already been added. I don't think anyone would start dumping in coral food without having any coral. I was also looking at Zeostart but it says to not overdose and my max dosage is only a 1/4 ml for my size of tank and one drop is apparently 1/2 ml. Anyone with any experience starting a new tank with zeo?

mrhasan
11-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Starting a new nano reef that is going to be mostly SPS with some zoas and acans. It is a standard 29g and is using all marco rock with one piece of LR if I can find a decent piece in Edmonton that actually has lots of coralline on it, all I've seen lately just looks like marco rock that is in water. I was looking to try some of the zeovit additives this time around. Thinking Coral Snow, Coral Vitalizer and Phol's Xtra. I'm thinking sponge power would be a waste of money using Marco rock? Is there any point in adding anything to the system before it is stocked with coral? Any other additives to recommend? I'm just looking for good growth, good color and crystal clear water.

The additives you have pointed out are the three for what you are looking for. Sponge powder would a nice additive too. As far as I have heard, it also helps with corals healing quickly along with bursts of sponges around the tank. I would wait till you stock the tank before starting those additives.

mrhasan
11-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Zeovit has a number of products that can be added to help add bacteria and help cycle the tank. I was asking about sponge power in particular at this point to start seeding the rock with bacteria and such (if it can) and other additives later on when corals have already been added. I don't think anyone would start dumping in coral food without having any coral. I was also looking at Zeostart but it says to not overdose and my max dosage is only a 1/4 ml for my size of tank and one drop is apparently 1/2 ml. Anyone with any experience starting a new tank with zeo?

20 big drops makes 1ml and 24 small drops makes 1ml. 1 drop is not 1/2ml.

intarsiabox
11-17-2013, 10:53 PM
20 big drops makes 1ml and 24 small drops makes 1ml. 1 drop is not 1/2ml.
The 1 drop = 1/2 ml was just something I read posted on a thread at R/C, I am happy to hear that they are wrong. Zeovit just got way cheaper now! Have you ever tried the Zeostart 3?

intarsiabox
11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
The additives you have pointed out are the three for what you are looking for. Sponge powder would a nice additive too. As far as I have heard, it also helps with corals healing quickly along with bursts of sponges around the tank. I would wait till you stock the tank before starting those additives.

I was curious if Sponge Power actually contained any sponge spores as I don't have any sponges at the moment.

mrhasan
11-17-2013, 10:59 PM
The 1 drop = 1/2 ml was just something I read posted on a thread at R/C, I am happy to hear that they are wrong. Zeovit just got way cheaper now! Have you ever tried the Zeostart 3?

That's probably the regular drops but zeovit's drop are a bit different from the typical eyedroppers. Here's the link:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1843

You got that write. Zeovit is cheaper than many people think. For my 70 gallon, dosing basic 4s cost about $9.35/month (I showed the calculation in http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=851265&postcount=11).

I am currently dosing zeobac and zeostart with zeolite in the reactor. The guru in zeovit forum asked me not to start zeofood till the system reach ULNS. For dosing zeovit to nano, I would say Albert would be the right person to ask since I don't have experience about dosing the bacterial strains without zeolite.

mrhasan
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I was curious if Sponge Power actually contained any sponge spores as I don't have any sponges at the moment.

You don't need sponge pores. Any matured tank will pop them up out of no where. Atleast that's my experience :smile: Somehow, it WILL get into your system.

intarsiabox
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
That's probably the regular drops but zeovit's drop are a bit different from the typical eyedroppers. Here's the link:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1843

You got that write. Zeovit is cheaper than many people think. For my 70 gallon, dosing basic 4s cost about $9.35/month (I showed the calculation in http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=851265&postcount=11).

I am currently dosing zeobac and zeostart with zeolite in the reactor. The guru in zeovit forum asked me not to start zeofood till the system reach ULNS. For dosing zeovit to nano, I would say Albert would be the right person to ask since I don't have experience about dosing the bacterial strains without zeolite.

Thanks for the link. I read your thread already, it's actually what got my mind thinking about zeovit again!

mrhasan
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the link. I read your thread already, it's actually what got my mind thinking about zeovit again!

Haha. Good to know the thread has been inspiring :mrgreen: