PDA

View Full Version : aiptasia needed

cbrine
11-16-2013, 10:28 PM
So the peppermint shrimp did a great job eating all the aiptasia off my suncoral, but since I have no other aiptasia he hasn't been eating. Tried feeding some mysis and plankton all without it even making a move for it.
So, if anyone has any LR to sell or donate for my shrimp to eat let me know, peps home is my 10g QT.

Magickiwi
11-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Don't worry. Peppermint shrimp aren't that selective. They'll eat anything including pellets and cyclopeze.

cbrine
11-17-2013, 12:24 AM
I've tried....it just sits on the bottom in the corners untouched. Figured some frozen thawed might get it eating.. But nope..

hillegom
11-17-2013, 12:26 AM
He's full.
I have never seen one that refused food.
Unless he is going to molt?

scherzo
11-17-2013, 01:56 AM
They'll eat a night and eat scraps. I've had the ones in my tank for a few years and thought that when the aptasia were gone they were going to perish. But I see them come out at night.

Reef Puffer
11-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Mine eat aptasia and anything I put in the tank for food. They jump at and attack frozen krill tearing it off the feeding stick

cbrine
11-17-2013, 03:14 AM
The one in my DT is like that....it will come right up and eat frozen bits out of my hand. Even when I put a few pieces of sinking food or shrimp, squid etc in the tank the little turd just leaves it because when I check on the tank in the am it's still sitting on the bottom. I wonder if it's getting ready to molt?! Never had this happen to either of my shrimp (x1 peppermint, and x1 skunk cleaner) in my DT.