PDA

View Full Version : Skinny six spot goby

Evilweevil
11-16-2013, 08:55 PM
So after about 6 months of having our six spot he has gotten really really skinny ,we have tried different foods and he does pick at them but he isn't getting what he needs , I am thinking that our sand maybe to coarse for him ,is there anyone in the red deer area with a fine sand bead that has room for another fish ? I would hate for him to die with out giving him a chance ...... All of our other fish are happy and fat n healthy never had ick or any probs ( knock on wood) just starvin Marvin ...... Any ideas?

hillegom
11-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Could be he has internal worms/parasites. And the other fishes don't
The telltale sign is long stringy white poop. Course if he is not eating, then its hard to tell

Evilweevil
11-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I haven't seen any stringy white poo but I did read abou t parasites I do feel like it is the size of sand though he picks it up and then spits it out his mouth instead of the gills

Evilweevil
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Anyone ???

hillegom
11-19-2013, 02:26 AM
How about you bury some pellets so the other fish don't see them and then the goby will find the food when he is mucking about.

Evilweevil
11-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Well that goes back to the problem of the sand being to big of a grain for him to siphon properly , it has been tried thanks for the sugestions though ..... I really feel someone with a healthy tank and a fine sand bed would be best for him I don't know how much longer skinny will last

darkreef
11-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey my tank is full of pods ! I go to reddeer tonight and leave back home tomorrow ? I can try and rescue him. I have nothing in my tank that eats pods right now