PDA

View Full Version : Large Anemone

sumpfinfishe
09-10-2002, 06:08 PM
Always great to hear of a new l.F.S., and even better if they have friendly knowledgable staff. If it's not a new store then I should get downtown more in the day instead of at night.
I would think that it was a carpet that you saw, there beautiful except they will eat any fish that swims it's way-well almost any! Also beginners have troubles and they can get quite large, mine grew to 12 inches in diameter before I traded it in. No more for this reefer though.Maybe in a year I will set up a 20gal carpet and clown only combo! :eek: :D

[ 10 September 2002, 14:10: Message edited by: sumpfinfishe ]

AJ_77
09-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Wow, exciting! And they have their own link on this page! But no website to speak of...

clintyiu
09-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Well actually....Aquariums West's been around for nearly 20 years. They used to be on Davie street and moved to the current, much bigger premise, on Burrard. Is that really an anemone? or is it one of those huge elephant ear mushrooms (Whatever the name is...I first saw them in big al's)?

Samw
09-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say, Aquariums West is not new. They're about 3 blocks from me. They're right beside Downtown Toyota. New location but that's all.

I saw that anemone-type thing in the tank by their frontdesk. I never figured out what it was. I always thought it was a long tentacle coral of some sort.

[ 10 September 2002, 19:42: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Bryan
09-11-2002, 12:21 AM
What did you think of the soft coral display in the bowed corner aquarium. I thought it looked pretty good. I have found the store to be a bit pricey but once in awhile you can get a good deal on livestock. Managed to pick up a large pocillipora for about 40.00 a couple of weeks ago.

Originally posted by Titus:
Hello,

If you do walk by the area, drop in to have a chat. Very friendly people. Be forewarned it's not a dedicated reef store though. Address is 1262 Burrard Street.

Titus<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Delphinus
09-11-2002, 12:59 AM
Somebody take a picture of this anemone and post it here. I want to see it.. smile.gif

titus
09-11-2002, 04:16 AM
Hello,

Just walked into a retail store in downtown called Aquariums West yesterday. They have one corner bow front display reef tank. Pretty nice. But what I'm really am impressed is this huge anemone that they have on a 20 gallon tank right next to the entrance. This thing is huge with 2 happy clowns taking it as host.

If you do walk by the area, drop in to have a chat. Very friendly people. Be forewarned it's not a dedicated reef store though. Address is 1262 Burrard Street.

Titus

Delphinus
09-11-2002, 04:37 AM
What kind of anemone?? You've got my interest. Unfortunately it will take some time before I can get to Vancouver again, so I won't be able to see it for myself ..... :D