PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT:BlueBerry Gorgonian

ashr
11-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Hey all

As title says, looking for a BlueBerry Gorgonian frag. Willing to buy or trade :)

ashr
11-19-2013, 09:11 PM
bumpppppp

denny_C
11-19-2013, 09:14 PM
finding a frag may be hard as theres maybe 2 or 3 people in the whole country possibly continent who can keep them alive for more than a couple of months , i kept one alive for quite a while but when i gave it to someone else it died within a couple of weeks regardless of how i said powdered foods wont keep this alive by hand feedings.

needs food 24hrs a day or live food several times a day.

by far one of the hardest to keep gorgs thats in circulation.

good luck though shes a beaut if you can keep it:)

ashr
11-19-2013, 09:17 PM
I've read up a bit on it and knew it would be hard but you make it seem a lot harder haha

I may not have time to do that.. Damn.

I have a tan colored gorg sea fan but want something a little brighter. Can you recommenced an easier one with nice colors?

denny_C
11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
I've read up a bit on it and knew it would be hard but you make it seem a lot harder haha

I may not have time to do that.. Damn.

I have a tan colored gorg sea fan but want something a little brighter. Can you recommenced an easier one with nice colors?

absolutely buddy , if your looking for an easy to care for nps gorgonian while not having to feed all day try the menella sp. its a bright red gorg with incredibly bright yellow polyps. when its out you cant see the red stalk just the yellow polyps, and when i say bright i mean nps bright so way brighter than anything else you see yellow in aquaria.

this gorg can get by just on the left overs from feeding pellets , ive given this gorg to people with sps tanks and they have kept it alive .

obviously if you target/broadcast feed youll get faster growth

its a nps piece but the easiest to care for and a good starter for bright gorgonians

you could always go photosynthetic but then the colors are a bit drab (purple,tan,brown, etc)

jason604
11-20-2013, 12:07 AM
absolutely buddy , if your looking for an easy to care for nps gorgonian while not having to feed all day try the menella sp. its a bright red gorg with incredibly bright yellow polyps. when its out you cant see the red stalk just the yellow polyps, and when i say bright i mean nps bright so way brighter than anything else you see yellow in aquaria.

this gorg can get by just on the left overs from feeding pellets , ive given this gorg to people with sps tanks and they have kept it alive .

obviously if you target/broadcast feed youll get faster growth

its a nps piece but the easiest to care for and a good starter for bright gorgonians

you could always go photosynthetic but then the colors are a bit drab (purple,tan,brown, etc)

Any1 near van got this red gorg? I want one =)

KPG007
11-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Any1 near van got this red gorg? I want one =)

+1 sounds like a cool addition.

H2o2
11-20-2013, 05:43 PM
+2 and if u find 1 in Van Kelly grab 2 and I will buy it off u :-)

ashr
11-20-2013, 07:23 PM
now now all I got first dibs haha :) Let me know if you find or will frag a spot of it :)

KPG007
11-20-2013, 07:29 PM
I think Denny is sending us on a wild goose chase. A quick google search shows nothing in North America and only a few older shots from the UK.

Maybe if Denny could source a few for us....

ashr
11-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Agreed! We need to have a source