PDA

View Full Version : Zeo vit zeo-bak micro organism. input please

Chris82
11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
thinking of using this as well as the zeo food and zeo start.
can anyone give some input on these products.
thanks
chris

mrhasan
11-12-2013, 09:42 PM
thinking of using this as well as the zeo food and zeo start.
can anyone give some input on these products.
thanks
chris

Are you planning on going full zeovit?

Chris82
11-13-2013, 03:20 AM
No.
probably just a few of the dosing products

mrhasan
11-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Then you dont need any of the products you mentioned. Those are basic zeovit ulns products. You should look into products likes coral vitalizer, xtra, coral snow etc.

albert_dao
11-13-2013, 08:59 AM
You can actually use them to run a system the same way you'd use the other probiotic product lines out there. I use to run bak+start3 combo on my nano, sans reactor. Worked great.

Chris82
11-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Then you dont need any of the products you mentioned. Those are basic zeovit ulns products. You should look into products likes coral vitalizer, xtra, coral snow etc.

Can you explain why I wouldent need to run these products?
new to this and dont understand thanks

Werbo
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
There are 2 parts to the zeovit system

Part 1 = Nutirient control. This is what zeobak, zeofood and the zeolites (in the zeo-reactor) does. Use of activated carbon also. Idea is to get you reef tank to near 0 nitrate and phosphate (or Ultra Low Nutrient System).

Once you have reached ULNS look at Part 2

Part 2 = Color tweaking your corals using coral vitalizer, pohls, aminos, ect.

There are also other zeo products that don't fall into either category. And some people use zeo products (such a coral snow for cyano/clear water) on their own.

Google Zeovit guide for the official pdf. Its a good read to give you a basic understanding.
Zeovit has there own forum also.

mrhasan
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
You can actually use them to run a system the same way you'd use the other probiotic product lines out there. I use to run bak+start3 combo on my nano, sans reactor. Worked great.

But you would be needing zeolite too right?

mrhasan
11-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Can you explain why I wouldent need to run these products?
new to this and dont understand thanks

Like Werbo said, those three are "basic zeovit" and as far as I know from zeovit's forum, you need zeolite for those to work properly.

What you want is the products that are non-zeo tank friendly. For example, zeofood is an extremely high nutrient product and hence the mods from zeovit asked me not to dose till my system gets in like with zeo's nutrient level, although that's a basic food. So putting that in a non-ULNS might cause browning corals and algae. On the other hand, coral vitalizer has no nutrient in it and can be used in non-zeo tanks. Similarly, you can use amino acids. Just remember one thing with zeo, go 1/2 the recommended dose. These things are too damn concentrated. 2ml of coral snow can turn my 70 gallon tank milky white.

There are 2 parts to the zeovit system

Part 1 = Nutirient control. This is what zeobak, zeofood and the zeolites (in the zeo-reactor) does. Use of activated carbon also. Idea is to get you reef tank to near 0 nitrate and phosphate (or Ultra Low Nutrient System).

Once you have reached ULNS look at Part 2

Part 2 = Color tweaking your corals using coral vitalizer, pohls, aminos, ect.

There are also other zeo products that don't fall into either category. And some people use zeo products (such a coral snow for cyano/clear water) on their own.

Google Zeovit guide for the official pdf. Its a good read to give you a basic understanding.
Zeovit has there own forum also.

albert_dao
11-13-2013, 06:14 PM
But you would be needing zeolite too right?

No, I just ran the other two like a Zeovit-lite. Good if you don't want super low ULNS (for softies and such). Think of it like... Fauna or Prodibio.

It's good for keeping the tank from getting too much nutrient buildup and staves off old tank syndrone.

mrhasan
11-13-2013, 06:41 PM
No, I just ran the other two like a Zeovit-lite. Good if you don't want super low ULNS (for softies and such). Think of it like... Fauna or Prodibio.

It's good for keeping the tank from getting too much nutrient buildup and staves off old tank syndrone.

Aha. Didn't know that. Thought you need zeolite for the bacteria to chill :razz: Thanks for the info.