PDA

View Full Version : ELOS

e46er
11-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Noticed my ELOS test kits for the big 3 were all expired and need some more.
Went to JLs today and they don't carry Elos anymore so just had what's left of their stock.
I'm wondering where else sells Elos kits locally in the GVRD or online.
I've used Elos for years with very consistant results so not really interested in changing brands.
Cheers

tang daddy
11-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Jl isn't carrying Elos anymore?

I find the salifert test kits for alk to be super easy to use, I use Elos mg and ca but may switch back to salifert.

mrhasan
11-12-2013, 01:13 AM
I have heard that JL is moving to salifert. Best test kits, hands down. If I ever plan to move away from salifert (due to its crappy syringe), its gonna be red sea pro.

LeanneP
11-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Yes, crappy syringe! I got a Mg kit that is sailfert and it seems really tough to get to the last of it and not push too much out. There is such a fine line at the end of the test for it too be accurate.
Leanne
I have heard that JL is moving to salifert. Best test kits, hands down. If I ever plan to move away from salifert (due to its crappy syringe), its gonna be red sea pro.

chi
11-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Or go really hardcore and go Hanna. Digital. All the wayyy

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

mrhasan
11-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Or go really hardcore and go Hanna. Digital. All the wayyy

Pay $60 for something whose error margin can be anywhere between 0.4 to 0.7 dkh? No thank you! Atleast with salifert, you can calibrate the color you should be looking for with the supplied solution. Hanna's hobby grade photometer seems to get a bit funky with every test; atleast that's what I read.

Hanna photo's are only good for phosphates but then again it has an error margin of 0.04 ppm which can make some significant difference.

chi
11-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Did not know that :(. Thank you for the info.

e46er
11-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Jl isn't carrying Elos anymore?

I find the salifert test kits for alk to be super easy to use, I use Elos mg and ca but may switch back to salifert.

They are just selling what's left on the shelf