PDA

View Full Version : Dry Rock Questions

intarsiabox
11-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I am starting a new tank from scratch (29g nano) and plan on going with all dry rock to start off. The options I am looking at are the marco rock from Reef Supplies vs. the Pukani or Fiji from Eli. I am guessing 30lbs would be plenty but would like to hear what others think. Any statements on experience with any of these products such as one being better than another and why would be appreciated. Thank-you!

Coral Hoarder
11-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Pukani for sure go 35 pounds to be safe you can always smash the extra up for the filter or sump

baker_jeff
11-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I've got an order going to Eli this week if you want to get in on free shipping!

intarsiabox
11-13-2013, 01:18 AM
I've got an order going to Eli this week if you want to get in on free shipping!

I may take you up on that. I asked a couple of questions for Eli on his website yesterday but haven't got any answers yet.

nanoob
11-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Eli will reply to you he has probably just been busy dealing with all my questions lol. This will be my first purchase from him and he has been great to deal with and very helpful with the selection of rock.

eli@fijireefrock.com
11-13-2013, 01:43 AM
I may take you up on that. I asked a couple of questions for Eli on his website yesterday but haven't got any answers yet.

Not sure what went wrong...I just sent you a pm:biggrin:

intarsiabox
11-13-2013, 02:08 AM
Not sure what went wrong...I just sent you a pm:biggrin:

Responded, thanks!