PDA

View Full Version : Quick review of RPS dip

Aquattro
11-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Just bought an acro colony covered in AEFW. So far at 20 minutes in the recommended dosage of RPS, they're crawling around in the tray. Worms in 1.5 dosage seem to be near dead. Mix it strong and wait longer than suggested to kill these things!!

thmh
11-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Doesn't coralrx knock off /kill AEFW as well? The only reason rps stood out was they advertised that it kills the eggs as well but it got proven to be lie base on the testing thread on RC? P. S I do not have personal experience with rps and all these questions Iam asking is base on what I have read and heard.

~Tony

Aquattro
11-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Not sure on that one, I gave mine away when I got the RPS. After 30 minutes, they all appear dead at the recommended dosage. They did let go early on into the dip, but once added to a tray, kept moving around for 30 minutes. That says to me not all let go right away (possibly). With frags, I can check under the scope, but not with a colony, so I'm only comfortable now after seeing them dead in the tray. A good rinse of the colony and I'm sure it's fine.

The eggs are easy to see with the naked eye and always on dead tissue/plug, so cutting above the live tissue is the best way to deal with eggs.

coralmaster_Greg
11-10-2013, 09:32 PM
When I dip I use a turkey baster to blow the rascals out of all the nooks & crannies!

Aquattro
11-10-2013, 09:52 PM
When I dip I use a turkey baster to blow the rascals out of all the nooks & crannies!

Ya, I did that too and it helps a lot, but from watching the process under a microscope, they need to be fairly weakened before they let go.

Rice Reef
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Doesn't coralrx knock off /kill AEFW as well? The only reason rps stood out was they advertised that it kills the eggs as well but it got proven to be lie base on the testing thread on RC? P. S I do not have personal experience with rps and all these questions Iam asking is base on what I have read and heard.

~Tony

RPS can take out red bugs too whereas coralrx states that they have not tested its effectiveness on red bugs... I have seen RPS work on red bugs but I cannot say much for coralrx as I have not used coralrx.

Proteus
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Been using rps for a while now. It is my preferred dip.