PDA

View Full Version : Feather Duster control

mr_alberta
07-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I think I have a feather duster infestation. Should I be concerned about this? They are slowly growing onto some corals and inbetween my Zoanthid polyps (see pictures below):

http://members.shaw.ca/harvwong/07.07.04%20008.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/harvwong/07.07.04%20009.jpg

Should I start removing some? Or is there a fish that might snack on some of these? I don't mind some feather dusters, but this is getting crazy!

Thanks.

bulletsworld
07-07-2004, 05:29 PM
OMG! I have the same thing. I was just thinking that last night actually as I was starring into my tank. Yeah are popping up between my polyps & even sprouting outta the sand!
Curious to thoughts as well.

And are these called tube worms, I could be wrong.

Buccaneer
07-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Get a Copper Banded Butterfly and in a week you will be feather duster free :cool:

kuatto
07-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Harvey
You should give John a call,he been wanting more featherdusters.The first pic reminds you of something off one of those horror movies :cool:

mr_alberta
07-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi Jim,

I don't know how I would remove these feather dusters without killing them. Their tubes basically fall apart everytime I try to move them. Also, they are in the worst place possible, on the big rocks at the back of the tank. I guess if John really wants some, he could wait until I switch tanks and I can move the rocks.

mr_alberta
07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Get a Copper Banded Butterfly and in a week you will be feather duster free :cool:

Copperband would be sweet, but my tank is too small for one of those (37G). Any other suggestions on fish/inverts that might keep them in check?

Quinn
07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Decrease feeding if they bother you. :smile:

Cap'n
07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
I also have a lot of feather dusters in my tank but they are really only growing where there is low current. Maybe if you increased the flow in your tank it would cut down on the population.