PDA

View Full Version : WP40 Pulse Duration

craigwmiller
11-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Has anyone gotten the pulse duration of a WP40 to be as long as an MP40?

I have a 7' tank that is just filled with water this evening and was testing out the wavebox... I was able to easily get a controlled, steady, standing wave with an MP40 in the box, but the WP40's longest pulse was too short for the length of the tank... It would end up just getting a double wave (and sometimes a triple intersecting useless wave), which doesn't do jack all :D

I tried input from 12V through 24V, and the Jebao controller's timing is likely running at say a regulated 5V, so the input voltage doesn't change the maximum/minimum pulse time.

Thoughts?

neoh
11-06-2013, 07:46 AM
do you not have the dial?
using W2 with S1 and the dial I have a really long pulse which creates quite the wave, and an mp40 on the other side. The dial creates the duration of the pulse.

lpsreefer
11-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I have mine on W1 and S1. The dail is at 4:30-5:00 if you look at the dial as a clock. I have a great 1.5" wave.
Takes time to tune it to the right spot.

Treebeard
11-06-2013, 02:04 PM
What dial? Is it part of the wave box?

I have mine on W1 and S1. The dail is at 4:30-5:00 if you look at the dial as a clock. I have a great 1.5" wave.
Takes time to tune it to the right spot.

craigwmiller
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Dial, yes, of course.... Here are more details.

My MP40 has a maximum cycle time of 4 seconds (from the start of one pulse, until the start of the next pulse)

My WP40 has a maximum cycle time of ~1.4 seconds.

My tank's sweet spot seems to be ideal at 2.2 seconds. My MP40, with about 60% power output, can form a nice 1" wave (along the 7' length) within 5 pulses (2.2 seconds each), and sustain it indefinitely.

So, for my purposes, I'd like the WP40 to say have a duration of up to 2.5 seconds, but longer would be ideal.

Also this is in W1 mode, naturally.

nrosdal
11-07-2013, 03:13 AM
i have found max cycle to be 1.1-1.4 sec

However. I have a controller that has a defective knob so no matter where it is the cycle time on it is around 2.2

If it would make life easier i can send it out to you (i just need to wait for new shipment as i need to replace it with new controller). Let me know if interested and you can have it if you pay the shipping. I will pop it open to make sure nothing is burnt out and that they just missed hooking up dial/hooked timer/relay up wrong.

craigwmiller
11-07-2013, 06:23 AM
You know that might work out well, thanks Nick! I might order up some more food too -- my fish are loving the soft pellets I got from you in August with the pumps. I'll give you a call Thurs/Friday

Cheers!
Craig