PDA

View Full Version : Livestock sitter (host) needed

canadawest
11-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Hello all, it's been a long time since I've posted!

I'm in the process of buying a new house, and of course that means tearing down my 12 year old reef tank and starting new again in the new place. :'( (An endeavor I've dreaded since looking for a new house 18 months ago!)

I'm am looking for a fellow aquarist who would be willing to host my livestock for 2-3 months while I get settled in the new place and get the tank re-established. I only have a pair of mated ocellaris clownfish and a blue (regal) tang. However they are all over 11 years old, so not something I would just give back to the LFS and start new with. I also have an assortment of LPS and soft corals as well.

I would provide all the necessary food, and any other consumables needed. In compensation I would be willing to leave you half of the corals and possibly some financial compensation for your troubles?

Interested parties don't need to have a complicated setup, I only ask that you have a 33gal or larger tank for the comfort of my tang. You must also be willing to risk hair algae if you take my corals, as most of my tank is overrun with the nasty stuff (a year of maintenance neglect). The fish are pretty hardy, they have handled maintenance neglect and sporadic feeding schedules due to my frequent business trips, and still seem happy as ever 11+ years later. :-)

Please contact me via phone or SMS, I need to find a home before the end of the month.

(604) 649-8406

monocus
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
i can take them for you.the tang can go in my 240 and the coral and clowns can go in my frag tanks

canadawest
11-05-2013, 04:32 PM
i can take them for you.the tang can go in my 240 and the coral and clowns can go in my frag tanks

That would be awesome. Send me a PM or text and we can discuss.