PDA

View Full Version : Which LPS pellets: Fauna Marin or New Era

Willito
11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I've gone through a container of the Fauna Marin LPS pellets and I must say this stuff is great for target feeding corals. I see New Era recently released a similar product. Is one better than the other? Who has tried both, let's hear your feedback.

titus
11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello

For the chemists out there, what's involved for doing a chemical analysis to compare them? How much would something like this costs?

Titus

JmeJReefer
11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Using the LPS Pellets and they work awesome. Acans and blastos color up amazingly. Very Happy with this product.
No experience with Fauna Marine

Stones
11-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Not to hijack this thread but what are the sizes of these LPS pellets in question? Are they significantly larger than say reef roids/reef chilli?

Willito
11-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Fauna Marin is about 1mm, New Era looks to be 1mm to 3mm like their other fish pellets.

I have to confess that feeding Fauna Marin has helped maintain the colors in my LPS and making them grow much faster. I don't really think it is making them more colorful. IMO LPS corals fade or lose it vibrance over time in captivity and this food seems to prevent it from going down that road. I suppose there is no real reason for changing to a different product with the result I am seeing, unless there is somethig else better for color enhancement. I am just curious about how New Era LPS would compare to Fauna Marin LPS.

The ingredients in Fauna Marin contains high protien (75%) and natural plankton. I am wondering what makes up the New Era LPS?

Stones
11-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Fauna Marin is about 1mm, New Era looks to be 1mm to 3mm like their other fish pellets.

Thanks for the info Willito. I'd definitely like to give these a try to see if they can help improve the growth rate in my LPS frags.