PDA

View Full Version : Pods in sump

fooman
11-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Okay so i am getting ready to set up my first saltwater tank and have 1 of many questions. I am going to build the tank and the sump my self ! Hear is my question in the sump i want to put a refuge for pods and other things but i am wondering how do the pods get to the tank ? I hope this is not a stupid question.

Thanks in advance !!

monocus
11-03-2013, 02:53 AM
live rock-other reefers

fooman
11-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Not to sure what that meant.

freeze
11-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Your fuge will lead to your return chamber and pump. Your pump should pump them right up into your main tank. Hope that is what you were asking.

mrhasan
11-03-2013, 03:34 AM
You will get pods over time. It grows as tank matures. The first step would be to add macro algae (chaeto is mostly used), get some LR from matured system and let the nature do its thing :) Sometimes, reefers give them away for free/sell too. Alongside when you buy frags/corals, you will also be importing pods. Its just one of those things you have to let nature do its thing. Pods are something that you cannot delete from saltwater :lol:

Craigdillman
11-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Yea man as above grab some cheeto or macro algae from another reefer and the pods will come on that as long as you don't overdo it will bio load and go slow you will be fine

fooman
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I thought the pump would have killed them but it makes sense.

Magickiwi
11-03-2013, 04:46 PM
They are way too small to get hurt by a return pump. You can also seed your fuge with live pods and plankton from a pet store that sells them. I get mine at Pisces here in Calgary.