PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is this thing

seasalt_newbies
11-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Hello tank has been running for over 8 weeks the other day we noticed something. Can anyone help me identify what it is, if I should move it to a better location ,get rid of it?????.
Thanks for your help

reefwars
11-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Its aiptasia you'll want to get rid of that Ask Google he'll back me up:)

Madreefer
11-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Aptasia.
Try to get rid of it. Inject with lemon juice or vinegar. You can but syringes from a drug store. Don't try scraping if off as it'll release a bunch of spores and infest your tank. Or get a peppermint shrimp. They're hit and miss too, some stores sell camelback shrimp as peppermint.

seasalt_newbies
11-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok I think I'll just take the piece of rock out and deal with it then

Thanks everyone

michika
11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
That or just smother it with epoxy.

typezero
11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Resilient little buggers! Uppercut it hell!

Madreefer
11-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Ok I think I'll just take the piece of rock out and deal with it then

Thanks everyone

It's not that big of a deal. Leave the rock in the tank and deal with it in the tank. Not worth taking the rock out and having all the other organisms in/on the rock die.

seasalt_newbies
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Aptasia.
Try to get rid of it. Inject with lemon juice or vinegar. You can but syringes from a drug store. Don't try scraping if off as it'll release a bunch of spores and infest your tank. Or get a peppermint shrimp. They're hit and miss too, some stores sell camelback shrimp as peppermint.

Ok so another one of these darn things came back. How much of vinegar or lemon juice do I put on it and how often?
Thanks again

Baker
11-30-2013, 09:23 PM
I use Aptasia X from Red Sea. It has worked well for me. From what im hearing its just Kalkwasser. I nuke the little buggers a couple dozen at a time with no ill effects on the tank.