PDA

View Full Version : Refugium seeding....

robert
09-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Hello!
I am about to build 15 gal refugium for my tank. I would like to ask Great Vancouver members of this BB for big help. I will need to seed my sand, since my main tank is still young and there is not much of sand fauna in there. Anybody would be interested in selling/donating some sand from well established refugium?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Robert

Samw
09-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Well, I'm about to scoop out some sand in my main tank to get rid of some of my spaghetti worms. You are welcome to a cup or 2 of my sand. Its Caribsea Seaflor Aragonite. My tank does have a high bioload. I had Ich around Mar-Apr. There are currently no signs of Ich on my fish but I heard that doesn't guarantee that its not there. If you just started the refugium and don't plan to connect it to your main tank for a month or 2, then it shouldn't be a problem. Other than that, I don't have any flatworm, nudibranch, or parasitic snail problems.

StirCrazy
09-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Sam W:
Well, I'm about to scoop out some sand in my main tank to get rid of some of my spaghetti worms. You are welcome to a cup or 2 of my sand. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">um any chance you will be getting rid of spagetti worms again? oh say around the meating time? :D : D

Steve

Samw
09-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Didn't realize there was such a demand for them. smile.gif They multiply so quick. I must have flushed over a dozen yesterday. smile.gif

I won't be at the meeting but if you want to ask someone to pick some up for you and then bring it to the meeting, that'll be fine. I won't flush anymore for now. smile.gif

[ 03 September 2002, 17:09: Message edited by: Sam W ]

StirCrazy
09-03-2002, 09:16 PM
cool, now we just have to figure out who is comming to the meating from downtown vancouver.

Steve

Troy F
09-04-2002, 01:25 AM
I could do that if you don't mind selling me a few too.

Samw
09-04-2002, 03:34 AM
If you guys want, I can bring some to my workplace in Richmond and you can pick them up there if its closer. Hard to believe you guys don't already have them in your sandbeds. I just got mine with some corals that I bought. I'm not asking anything for them although red or blue mushrooms or zooanthids or margarita snails are welcomed if you are pruning. smile.gif

Here's a photo of what I've got:

http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/2002-08.Album/spaghettiworm.jpg

[ 03 September 2002, 23:39: Message edited by: Sam W ]

robert
09-06-2002, 05:09 PM
No more sand available from anybody else?

BTW, Sam thanks a lot again these spagheties love my refugium :D .

Samw
09-07-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Robert:
No more sand available from anybody else?

BTW, Sam thanks a lot again these spagheties love my refugium :D .<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're very welcome. Mmm. The beer you brought over is very good. I drank a can when you left just before bedtime. Haha. I hope I don't turn into the character in your avatar. hehe