PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Telus

Rice Reef
10-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I have recently changed over from Shaw to Telus and after 4 hours of reviewing other Apex threads with Telus Internet Services here on Canreef and applying the suggested changes with port forwarding I am still not able to access the Apex via the apex controller appl for the ipad and iphone via wifi however, I am able to access the apex program through my desktop. Without even being able to set this up via wifi I doubt that I will be able to access the Apex outside the network. I am aware that Telus does not give out a static IP and the common Port # (80, 8080 etc...) do not work. I have tried many combinations (for the port) to see if I can get it working and no success. I am currently using the Actiontec V2000H and I was told that I have to use their Telus router as I am subscribed to Telus TV services. Hopefully other Telus users have had success and able to help me out.

Thanks,
Wayne

makana
10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't think this would be a port issue with the router. The port issue should only come into play when accessing your controller from an external network. It could still be a port issue on either the app or the controller.

windcoast reefs
10-26-2013, 01:19 AM
I have the exact same problem! Same router through telus and I've had nothing but issues for the past year. I open a port and 5-7 days later its closed. Ive called telus many times and they keep saying its for my network protection. Ive asked them several times not to mess with it, but again 5-7 days later my ports are closed and I get the same story, its for my network protection, and they tell me nothing else.

Ive just learned to live with it, but at the end of this year ill be switching to shaw.

Rice Reef
10-26-2013, 02:31 AM
I have the exact same problem! Same router through telus and I've had nothing but issues for the past year. I open a port and 5-7 days later its closed. Ive called telus many times and they keep saying its for my network protection. Ive asked them several times not to mess with it, but again 5-7 days later my ports are closed and I get the same story, its for my network protection, and they tell me nothing else.

Ive just learned to live with it, but at the end of this year ill be switching to shaw.

Jake, thanks for sharing. I'm gonna have my brother to have a look at all this and hope I didn't regret changing to Telus from Shaw. I signed a pretty good deal... 1 yr for $45 for phone, HDTV and internet

banditpowdercoat
10-26-2013, 03:04 AM
I hate that For Your protection crap!!! How the heck do they know what ;level of protection I want or need? Good to know, I'll never go back to Telus. I ditched the land line years ago cause of BS service and them Charging me extra for NOT having a long distnce plan!!!! I never call long distance, why would I want a plan? And why are you charging me for NOT?

MarkoD
10-26-2013, 05:07 AM
use port 8080. its always open

windcoast reefs
10-26-2013, 05:18 AM
use port 8080. its always open

Thats the port I tried to use, but it didn't work, I switch between a half dozen or so now.

MarkoD
10-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Thats the port I tried to use, but it didn't work, I switch between a half dozen or so now.

then you're not doing something right. it works perfectly on my apex and everyone else i know that uses that port.

do you have telus tv? do you have the zyxel modem or the actiontec? 1 antenna or 2?

Rice Reef
10-26-2013, 06:18 AM
then you're not doing something right. it works perfectly on my apex and everyone else i know that uses that port.

do you have telus tv? do you have the zyxel modem or the actiontec? 1 antenna or 2?

As I said, it does not work on the mobile apex appl. Mine is the actiontec 2000 model, I have telus tv and there are two antennas.
Can you give a run down of what it should look like while setting up the port forwarding and what to imput while setting it up on the appl?
Now, this is for accessing via wifi... How about operating outside of wifi? I don't see telus offering an external ip address...

Thanks

MarkoD
10-26-2013, 02:03 PM
I honestly can't remember the process for setting up the apex. But to get your IP address just type in 192.268.1.254 into your web browser

PoonTang
10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Have you tries looking on port forward.com for your router and instructions? Also to access it from your phone you will need a static dns hosting service. I am currently using no-ip.com for mine and works great.

Ginu
10-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I also have Apex and Telus which took a while to get going... that was due to wrong Netmask, Gatweway and Primary/Secondary DNS servers.
Once I got all that figured out, it was a piece of cake.

Rice Reef
10-30-2013, 04:59 AM
Well, I gave up and hope that Apex will be releasing the Apex Fusion soon. Telus first level tech support sucks and am not a fan of paying them on an hourly basis for them to tell me that it will not work. I don't think I can change the router as I need it for telus HD TV and don't want to sign up and pay for additional dns service either.

Ginu
10-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, I gave up and hope that Apex will be releasing the Apex Fusion soon. Telus first level tech support sucks and am not a fan of paying them on an hourly basis for them to tell me that it will not work. I don't think I can change the router as I need it for telus HD TV and don't want to sign up and pay for additional dns service either.

If you pm me your apex net settings along with your ip address I'm fairly sure I can spot the issue.

Cheers,

Rice Reef
10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the offer. I may just do that. I was finally able to get it working on the mobile device via wifi however it does not want to work on my desktop now. Prob b/c I changed the port... Now I can figure out how to access outside of wifi without going the route of DNS that would be awesome or just wait for the new Apex Fusion to be released.

Rayne
10-31-2013, 05:53 PM
I had that same issue with Telus and my Apex for a long time. I would get it working on a port, then a week later it would stop working. I would change the port and get it to work again, and then it would stop. I concluded that Telus was blocking the Apex server somehow and closing up the ports. I've snice moved and no longer have Telus.

MarkoD
10-31-2013, 06:11 PM
On desktop. You have to enter your ip for the apex and then slash port number

For example: 192.168.1.78/8080

MarkoD
10-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Also what you have to remember is your external IP address is dynamic and changes. So every once in a while you'll have to change it in the app so you can access the apex when you're away from home