PDA

View Full Version : Deltec MCE600

Magickiwi
10-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Anyone that is looking for one of these skimmers: Wai's in Calgary has them in stock. Just passing the info along because I looked high and low for these a few weeks ago.

jorjef
10-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Would like to hear from people that already have this skimmer. Happy? Not happy? Tank size bio load etc.

tom55228
11-08-2013, 01:01 AM
hey there , had this skimmer in my 40 gal breeder , heavy bio load and did a great job not stop working and quiet to boot .

Rogue951
11-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Have one now for my 40g Dt, 25g frag and 30g sump setup.
Skims really well. Mind you I bought it used for $300 and it's amazing at that price lol.
The only downside is the intake and output tubes are "fragile" compared to the rest of the unit which is like a tank.
Accidentally dropped mine and snapped the intake off.
Luckly some Transition cement, and a convenient piece of pvc to overlap the part where it snapped let me glue the tube back on.

Not sure if it's standard but I had the media box come with it and while i don't use it, it'd be great for some kind of carbon or purigen use.

I would imagine there are better in-sump skimmers for the price, but for the price I paid and it's performance I can't complain.