PDA

View Full Version : auto top off installation

Saltnoob
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
i will pay someone and help with the install of my ato system and r/o unit

lastlight
10-17-2013, 05:40 PM
which parts do you need help with? i'm sure we can easily sort it out here for free it's not that tough...

Saltnoob
10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
i wanna have my fresh water down stairs and my tank is upstairs is that feesable or does it neet to me close to the tank

lastlight
10-17-2013, 05:46 PM
if your sump is in the basement you can easily topoff into that. if you need to topoff to the main floor the typical topoff pumps may not have enough power to get it there. you can choose an ato that includes a pump powerful enough or in the case of something like the tunze osmolator you can buy an add-on that allows you to connect a pump other than the one they sell with the unit.

which ato do you have or plan to get?

spit.fire
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
The jbj ato allows you to run any pump you want (up to 2A i believe), i use a system that connects straight to my ro/di system to top off my tank as my ro/di system is in my garage and this way i can run a 1/4" line to my tank which is easy to hide (no float valves tho)

Saltnoob
10-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Thanks guys I bought one and just ran extension cord thee cold air intake to basement to pump along with 1/2 inch hose to my 60gallon drum with r/ unit hooked up to float and I used a small mag pump plenty to push water I guess was just being lazy this morning and wasn't into doing anything but veg but got it done thanks a lot guy suggestion