PDA

View Full Version : Red dragon loosing tissue...AAAAAAAAA!

mrhasan
10-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I bought a healthy red dragon on 15th and it did well on that day and yesterday. Today morning, I woke up to find large portion of it lost tissue over night. I know deep water are hard to keep and are known for doing this but I thought red dragon was different. I am going to frag the good portion. Any idea or suggestion?

reefermadness
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
My tyree red dragon has been rock solid for me and grows quite well. If you got it from MJC send me a PM and I'll see what we can do for you.

mrhasan
10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
My tyree red dragon has been rock solid for me and grows quite well. If you got it from MJC send me a PM and I'll see what we can do for you.

It was from a LFS. I am planning on getting furan 2 to see how it goes. Fragged a small piece and set it aside on the other side of the tank. Sad morning :(

Proteus
10-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Too bad Raied.

I lost my purple monster last night

wickedfrags
10-17-2013, 05:15 PM
The real one has been in captivity since about 2001, and has a history of being hardy. Having owned it for 5-6 years, low light low flow. Use some superglue on the base to help stop the peeling if it is a small frag, sometimes that helps.

I bought a healthy red dragon on 15th and it did well on that day and yesterday. Today morning, I woke up to find large portion of it lost tissue over night. I know deep water are hard to keep and are known for doing this but I thought red dragon was different. I am going to frag the good portion. Any idea or suggestion?

Craigdillman
10-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Any chance anything stung it? long sweepers near it? Usually thats what i default to if all of a sudden a coral is doing bad and it happened real quick

You could try a coral dip like Coral RX and just wait it out see if the rest makes it

mrhasan
10-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Too bad Raied.

I lost my purple monster last night

Sorry to hear that Nick. I guess Murfy went on rampage last night.

The real one has been in captivity since about 2001, and has a history of being hardy. Having owned it for 5-6 years, low light low flow. Use some superglue on the base to help stop the peeling if it is a small frag, sometimes that helps.

Thanks for the tip. That's what I did. Broke of small bits which looked better and glued them to separate pieces of rocks. Lets see what happens.

Any chance anything stung it? long sweepers near it? Usually thats what i default to if all of a sudden a coral is doing bad and it happened real quick

You could try a coral dip like Coral RX and just wait it out see if the rest makes it

Nop no chance of that. I have experienced sweeper's attack and generally, that gives burns instead of RTN. This is possibly due to bacterial infection. I have dipped the coral in furan 2 since Daniella (from Montreal) had success with that; let's see whether it works. I will keep this thread updated.

mrhasan
10-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Just to update the thread.....

I think fural 2 worked like a charm. I dipped the coral yesterday noon and from that time onward, the coral stopped loosing tissue (other than the ones that were already peeling off). Keeping my fingers crossed :)