PDA

View Full Version : HOB Skimmer

SpateD
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm looking for a skimmer to go on my 30G custom tank, not stocked with corals... It's just going to have a lot of livestock as a growout tank for juvenile fish.

I'm looking at a few models... Tunze 9002, Reef Octopus BH models..

My favorite so far is the AquaMaxx HOB.. Wondering if anyone has any experiences and what they would recommend...

I definitely need something with NO micro bubbles and one that won't require a ton of adjustments.

Thanks in advance!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I've been extremely happy with the performance on the Bubble Magus NAC E5 hob skimmer. Produces at least a cm or more of dark skimmate a day or if wet I get 2" or more of dark tea-like skimmate a day. On my heavily stocked 2' cube (60g), I've been producing over half the collection cup a day of dark tea skimmate. If you send me you text number, I'll text you pics.

Anthony

PS: Ordered my second BM from Reef Suppy Canada (Nick).

scubadawg
10-11-2013, 11:08 PM
I have an AquaMaxx HOB for sale

125.00 OBO

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100974&highlight=AquaMaxx

ColinD
10-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I've been extremely happy with the performance on the Bubble Magus NAC E5 hob skimmer. Produces at least a cm or more of dark skimmate a day or if wet I get 2" or more of dark tea-like skimmate a day. On my heavily stocked 2' cube (60g), I've been producing over half the collection cup a day of dark tea skimmate. If you send me you text number, I'll text you pics.

Anthony

PS: Ordered my second BM from Reef Suppy Canada (Nick).

Run the same on my 30 with similar results. Got the new 'Rock pump' after the recall and it works a lot better than it did with the noisy PSK1000, can barely hear it.

Colin