PDA

View Full Version : Looking to give away a pair of banded pipefish....... To good home only.

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 02:33 AM
So I am about to dismantle and re assemble my 180 gallon mixed reef tank and while doing so I am going to eliminate a beautiful pair of banded pipefish but only if the right owner comes along.
Bit of a back story, the two pipes have been together for approx. 2 years now. They started in a 35 gallons tv conversion tank I built as a conversation piece, but that tank had to be taken apart due to the old wood of the tv not holding up to the moisture levels. I had been told that due to the high flow levels in my main reef tank the pipes could not survive. This only turned out to be half true. They are surviving well by staying in a cave during the day and coming out to hunt pods at night when the flow is reduced. I feel that this is a bad life for them to continue living hich is why I am now looking to give them to a good home.
I would prefer someone with a seahorse tank or something similarly low flow. Must be well established as the main food source for these guys is currently pods. They do OCCASIONALY eat dead food but not enough to keep them alive.
Anywho. After all that if you feel you can offer these guys a good home please contact me.

paddyob
10-11-2013, 02:44 AM
I can take them. I have a 40 gallon sitting empty. This would be perfect. Very low flow.

No other fish.

Tank has rock and a giant ball of chaeto I have had for sometime.

Should be food in their.

paddyob
10-11-2013, 02:52 AM
I can take them. I have a 40 gallon sitting empty. This would be perfect. Very low flow.

No other fish.

Tank has rock and a giant ball of chaeto I have had for sometime.

Should be food in their.

Actually. Never mind. I don't have time for demanding fish. Sorry for the quick draw.

:2gunfire:

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 02:54 AM
All good. Appreciate the honesty. I pm'ed you. Please disregard.

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 02:57 AM
Just some further info. I'm not giving them away until next Friday when I take my other tank apart. If the right candidate does not come along I will just set up a small tank to house them. I just want them to be well cared for. They are a couple of my favorites and great fun to watch explore the rock work for pods.

eli@fijireefrock.com
10-11-2013, 03:01 AM
hope you find an experienced hobbyist for such great pipefish.
I wish I could take them as I have the setup for such beauty but unfortunately not enough time to spend with them...
Bump and good luck

The Grizz
10-11-2013, 03:45 AM
I have a dedicated 60 gal seahorse / zoa tank running with a pair of Seahorse & a pair of harlequin shrimp.

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Let's make it happen grizz. I was hoping someone with experience would be a go for these pipes !!
Lots of pods I should imagine?

The Grizz
10-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Let's make it happen grizz. I was hoping someone with experience would be a go for these pipes !!
Lots of pods I should imagine?

Tons of pods!! the tank comes alive when the lights go out and some times even when there on I can see a bunch of them.

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm sold.
As the post says its gonna be over a week before they come out of my current system. Are you in Edmonton often? If not I could probably make the drive.

The Grizz
10-11-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm sold.
As the post says its gonna be over a week before they come out of my current system. Are you in Edmonton often? If not I could probably make the drive.

I will be there next week finishing a job up but it will be Wednesday or Thursday but we could always meet half way or I might have to come up on the weekend to ikea to finish up our kitchen renos. We can figure something out.

tim the toolman
10-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Sounds good to me. We can hammer out the details later for sure. Throw me a pm when your around. I could definitely start the tear down on Thursday or Wednesday if it makes the exchange easier.

The Grizz
10-11-2013, 04:08 AM
sounds good, will do.

H2o2
10-11-2013, 05:44 AM
I am happy for u Grizz ,once they settle in please post a pic