PDA

View Full Version : Moving a feather duster

Scavenger
06-30-2004, 06:36 PM
One of my mushroom rocks fell over during the night and was lying upside down on the sand bed this morning. To my surprise a gorgeous Christmas green and red feather duster tube worm was extended from the bottom of the rock. I'd like to remove it and put it in a visible area. My question is, do I have to break the rock itself or can I try to remove the tube area of the worm and re locate it??

Thanks in advance.

albert_dao
06-30-2004, 06:45 PM
How big is the worm? In my experience, worms lodge in rocks make poor relocations. Too easy to damage the animal.

Cap'n
06-30-2004, 10:04 PM
I have moved a few featherdusters and have about 75% success rate. I think the key is carefully removing as much of the tube as possible from the rock with light pressure only. The worm itself will back a long ways into the tube and can move quite quickly within it so work as though the entire tube is occupied.
Is there any way you can arrange the rock so both the mushrooms and featherduster are on display? Could save you and the critters some stress.

DOO-E
07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
y not cut the mushroom off and save the dusters qaurenteed

Azilla
07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
ya moving them is hard. I put mine in a high flow zone till it got ****ed off and crawled out and i grabbed him hehe either i did that or he lived in the fuge cuz he sucked right into a rock on his own

Scavenger
07-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I've been put into fast forward setting up the 110 gallon. I thought I had to the end of July not the end of June to set everything up. I'll have water in it on Sunday. I'm hoping with the extra 75 pounds of rock that I'll be able to have both shrooms and duster on display. If not, I'll deal with it later. You should have saw the marathon stand and canopy building episode my friend and I had this morning. Without painting we designed cut and built all in a little over 3 hours. The best part is, that it will definitely be strong enough and unbelievably it looks pretty good!!

Azilla
07-02-2004, 12:36 AM
I Love building my own stuff i too built my hood and stand im so proud of it. Saves you alot of money plus its how u want it to look.