PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Pump Leaking

banditpowdercoat
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
I have a Dolphin Amp Master 2100 pump. I changed the seal over 4 years ago and I see its really starting to leak. I remember it was costly for the seal. I need something QUICK! I ship back to work in 8 days. JL is the closest. Looking at the Speedwave 2640 or a Snapper? Lots of difference in cost. This pump is my Closed Loop Pump, 0 Head, Continious run. Does not stop for feedings or anything.

Would the Speedwave be a good choice?

I feel I need to order something quick. Can't find a seal for the Dolphin anywhere on google so far.

mseepman
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Does this work? http://www.marinedepot.com/Aqua_Sea_Heavy_Duty_Seal_Accessories_for_External_ Aquarium_Pumps-Dolphin_Aquarium_Pet-DP2913-FIWPEPAC-vi.html

banditpowdercoat
10-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Hmm Looks like it from what I remember. WAYYY cheaper tho, The one I got was almost $200 IIRC. Maybe I got hosed bigtime?

mseepman
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah...I think Marine depot could be be convinced to ship express if needed them to. Gotta call them though.

banditpowdercoat
10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Ya they can, for a cost of $170!!!!

Might as well get a new pump for that! maybe rebuild this one and sell it.

So, New pump, I have this 2100GPH on closed loop. Not sure if I should go more? 2 WP-25 powerheads hooked to my Apex on varying wave/reef crest like patterns, and approx 500gph Sump return pump. This pump is my main flow, I see JL has the Speedwave 2640 in, but maybe I should go the Snapper/Dart Hybrid in Dart config for more flow??? Would like to have a decision tonight if possible

mark
10-02-2013, 01:04 AM
not sure if you've got something like a Oceans Motions on your CL but if not a DC pump with variable flow would add so randomness.

banditpowdercoat
10-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Ya it is, but it caught on fire. So I converted it to just a 4 way manifold with no flow change. The WP-25's give me some random flows tho, for sure

banditpowdercoat
10-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Well, got the Speedwave pump. And the outlet threads are larger than the inlet. A tad larger than 1 1/4 NPT found one reducer that JUST fit. But the real dilema now is the fittings on the Ampmaster were a union like fitting. 1/2 a union. Now I can't find aly unions with same threads! So, to connect this new pump, Ima have to drain my 150 completely and replumb it! Not happy, like 4 days before I go to work too