PDA

View Full Version : custom built tanks in calgary.. wheres the best?

Beano1169
10-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Im looking to expand my hobby to a larger tank. I will be in need of a stand to accompany the tank as well as a custom sump. The hope is to build a small sized drop down. around 46-50 gallons.

Please if anyone knows the best place to get tanks built pm me or throw it up on the thread thank you.

I have searched and looked around and so far Im getting conflicting results and need some major help.

thank again for your input.

RDNanoGuy
10-01-2013, 06:16 AM
You've got basically 2 choices in Calgary, Concept Aquatics and Bow Valley Aquariums.

Concept is by far the better builder but can be a little pricey. But you do get what you pay for.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Concept from what I've read.

spit.fire
10-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Concept, IMO best around, i won't get tanks from anyone else (the lfs I deal with orders from concept)

Seriak
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
You've got basically 2 choices in Calgary, Concept Aquatics and Bow Valley Aquariums.

Concept is by far the better builder but can be a little pricey. But you do get what you pay for.

Pricey? I thought they were way lower than Bow Valley.

kien
10-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Actually it probably balances itself out. The last time I got tank quotes BV was cheaper than Concepts, but then BV ends up sucking the life out of you when you try to work with them. There's a huge hidden opportunity cost associated with BV :lol:

Seriak
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Actually it probably balances itself out. The last time I got tank quotes BV was cheaper than Concepts, but then BV ends up sucking the life out of you when you try to work with them. There's a huge hidden opportunity cost associated with BV :lol:

lmao. Well what is the dollar value of your life force then?

Ross
10-01-2013, 03:19 PM
BV ends up sucking the life out of you when you try to work with them. There's a huge hidden opportunity cost associated with BV :lol:

I couldn't agree more.

"The customer is always right" doesn't apply there.
Even if all you want is a 3 week delivery date for a basic 3' tank.
If you want to be yelled at, lied to, promised the world, but not delivered, then BV is the place to go.

Does my BV tank still hold water, yes, would I buy direct again, hell no.

Beano1169
10-03-2013, 12:52 AM
thank you all for your replies and opinions Im glad I have the inside scoop now! hahaha I will def go with concept as I have personally dealt with denny before. thanks again everyone