PDA

View Full Version : URGENT help please

Coralgurl
09-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I just bought 3 anthias from another reefer who were in great shape. He lives on the other side of the city from me, took about 40 mins to get home. Opened the box, and 1 has died, another is struggling. I don't know if I should just get them in the tank or proceed with acclimating. Help please!!

SanguinesDream
09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Can you put an airstone in with the remaining two?

Coralgurl
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't have one. I just got them in the tank. We placed the 3 in one big bag and had them in an insulated box to keep them warm. The one that is struggling is tucked in a rock, I can see it still breathing and it's still right side up. The other one is fine but keeps going over to check on its mate.

These fish were healthy, great shape and not stressed when caught. I'm thinking they should have been bagged separately but it was less than an hour they were in the bag.

Keeping my fingers crossed the second one pulls through.

Coralgurl
09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
It's not going to make it.

Aquattro
09-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Get oxygen in any way you can. It may make it. Scoop water out and dump it from shoulder level back into the bucket.

Coralgurl
09-28-2013, 08:00 PM
She's gone from one side of the tank to the other, was upside down now right side up and breathing fast. Should I catch her? I thought the best way to get oxygen into her was the tank.