PDA

View Full Version : 180 gal. stocking list

JaiWiz
09-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Hey all summer is gone so i'm back to doing my 180 gal. tank build. although i'm far from stocking fish in i know what i want but i just dont know if the fish will get along so here it goes.

- Radiata or Volitan Lionfish
- Porcupine puffer
- Red/Orange angler or zebra moray eel
- Harlequin tusk
- Banana wrasse
- Humu picasso or bursa triggerfish
- Kole yellow eye tang or achilles tang
- Regal angel fish
- Magnificent fox fish
- yellow stripe maroon clownfish

Keep in mind this is the list of fish i want. i dont mind deleting a few off the list as i do not want to crowd the tank. the tank dims. are 6 ft. Long x 2 ft. Wide x 2 ft. in height.

also i plan on throwing some mushrooms n soft corals in the tank just to see if they'll add some color and not get eatten lol.

HaZRaTTy
09-27-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm not a big fowlr king of guy but just reading your list I feel like that's a Huge bio load.

JaiWiz
09-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Ya i was having the same thoughts. I think i might take the tangs and the angler and Moray eel off the list. This tank will be operating on a 50 gal. sump with carbon and a massive protein skimmer. might add some screw down canisters to add media in the future. like i said still in the building process.

rickcasa
09-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Cool stocklist...like the United Nations, 1 representative from each from the major categories. Don't forget the dither fish, like damsels, to get in between the rocks to get at uneaten food...perfect use for them as they wont bother the big brutes. Love my 3 neon damsels...like cichlids who loves to dig out their homes.