PDA

View Full Version : bubble algae help

donkey77
09-26-2013, 11:46 PM
how do people battle bubble algae
i have 2 emerald crabs that don't seem to be working so what are my other options,

Din Gior
09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Foxface or any other rabitfish will eat it.

FWC
09-27-2013, 01:55 AM
If you have a little bit, and your lucky to get a bubble algae eater that actually eats it, that'l solve it. But take it from me (someone who has suffered in a similar way) It is extremely hard to get rid of and kill. My best advice is to simply remove the affected rocks, and boil them for about 15-20 minutes. Then take a stiff toothed scrub brush and scrub the heck out of them under running water (kitchen sink or bath tub work well). That gets rid of it the fastest and most sufficiently.

Maverick00
09-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Ive also tried the emerald crab method with no success, ive given up for the time being.....

SmallFry
09-27-2013, 05:21 PM
If you have a little bit, and your lucky to get a bubble algae eater that actually eats it, that'l solve it. But take it from me (someone who has suffered in a similar way) It is extremely hard to get rid of and kill. My best advice is to simply remove the affected rocks, and boil them for about 15-20 minutes. Then take a stiff toothed scrub brush and scrub the heck out of them under running water (kitchen sink or bath tub work well). That gets rid of it the fastest and most sufficiently.

Ok... But what if the only place you have bubble algae is on your clam? Chowder anyone...?

Cal_stir
09-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I've used algaefix marine, they don't claim it works on bubble algae but it does, I had a tank with hair algae so I tried it and it worked better on the bubble, no ill effects. Fauna marin algae x does claim to rid bubble but I have not used it.
I find the emeralds just **** it off and it gets worse.
For physical removal I use this, I turn all pumps off and siphon it out as it is scraped off, works great if you can get at it.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/Cal_stir/DSC00407.jpg (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/Cal_stir/media/DSC00407.jpg.html)

JmeJReefer
09-28-2013, 12:40 AM
its weird cuz ive gotten an emerald crab for the issue in two different tanks and that thing went to town....i guess its hit or miss with those little guys!

Good Luck

reefermadness
09-28-2013, 12:34 PM
If your tank is big enough a naso or unicorn tang should take care of it. Some sailfin tangs will go after it too.