PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin thin, Need some pods!

bulletsworld
06-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyone willing to sell me some of there pods?

My Mandarin looking thin and resently started eating brine shrimp. My pods are getting nil. :eek: I sure haven't seen any of those ticks on the glass for a while either. :eek:

Pods anyone?

Or a suggestion on how to grow them super fast? :neutral:

Stretch
06-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Your best bet http://www.reefcrew.com/Assets/Html/Products/Animals/Copepod.htm

be kind of hard to get them out of peoples tanks

Bob I
06-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Anyone willing to sell me some of there pods?

My Mandarin looking thin and resently started eating brine shrimp. My pods are getting nil. :eek: I sure haven't seen any of those ticks on the glass for a while either. :eek:

Pods anyone?

Or a suggestion on how to grow them super fast? :neutral:

Not much food value in Brine Shrimp. My Mandarin eats Mysis, and does fine. :eek: It was very small (about one inch) when I got him. He has since doubled in size. :mrgreen:

EmilyB
06-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Yes, if it eats brine you can easily get it eating PE (Piscine Energetics) mysis. Soak it in fish vitamin or some Kent Garlic Extreme, that stuff even makes my pipefish eat without thinking... :mrgreen:

Quinn
06-29-2004, 04:39 AM
If you don't think the fish will make it I would suggest moving it to someone else's tank until you can solve the feeding problem. As we all know they are by all reports difficult to keep.

kuatto
06-29-2004, 05:02 AM
Leann
If you can't get him to eat something else soon,you can bring him over to my tank,lots for the little guy to eat and nobody to pick on him while he regroups.Might give you some time to repopulate your pods.