PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Floater 1000

Seriak
08-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Alright, what am I doing wrong?

I have a turbo floater 1000, but I did not hook it up to my overflow. I just left the hole open in the sump fot the water to go into. I get a lot of bubbles but no flow. If I add a pump to the water intake hole I get a lot of flow but no bubbles. How do I set this up?

Jacoda
08-30-2002, 07:19 PM
What's the circulation pump and what did you use for the input pump???...need more info.

Dez
08-30-2002, 07:36 PM
It is a strange skimmer. I work at an Aquarium store and we use them on 2 of our tanks. They are set up the exact same way, but one give bubbles and one doesn't? Go figure. We just added an air pump to the venturi....it works great. I don't like using air pumps though...none of the staff can figure it out..

Des

AJ_77
08-31-2002, 09:42 PM
Is yours the T1000 Multi, like this one? The supplied pump has the integral needle wheel, and produces enough bubbles and flow to run it and make a nice dry foam. If you have the regular model, they seem to want you to use two pumps, another one for flow.
http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/tonys_pics/images/AM_turboflotor1000multi.jpg

HTH,
Aj

JoJo
09-01-2002, 01:43 AM
[ 31 August 2002, 21:44: Message edited by: JoJo ]

Jacoda
09-01-2002, 01:54 AM
Scrap the needle wheel and use the Mag7 pump (I didn't want to mention Rio 2500 I am using :D ) for the circulation, direct the water from your overflow to the input of the skimmer or just use a small pump like Maxijet900.

When there is too much air going through the circulation pump it will cause the pump to cavitate and STOP water flow, which leads to no bubbles. Especially with the needle wheels, it doesn't take much for it to get into cavitate state.

Seriak
09-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Ah, Bingo. I figured it out.

I have a very small mixing pump put on the lowest setting pumping water into the water inlet. I use the Rio 2100 for the main skimmer pump. And I had to raise it out of the water so that it was only 1/4 in the water. Seems to work great now. Lots of bubbles and flow. Expecting gunk shortly.

Thanks for all of your reccomendations and help.