PDA

View Full Version : Ricordea relocation

Dearth
09-25-2013, 01:49 AM
I have a ricordea that is not a happy camper it lost its shade of hair algae when my electric blue hermit razed it down and am looking at relocating it however the rock it is attached to I can't move due to its size so wondering what the best way would be to remove and relocate it to a more shaded area

brotherd
09-25-2013, 03:13 AM
I have a similar situation with a Yuma that is on the backside of a rock. I sure would like to relocate it so I can see it. Interested to see what the procedure will be.

brizzo
09-25-2013, 03:22 AM
I've always got them to detach from a rock using a tooth pick, they don't hold on like other softies.

Then use like a peanut butter jar lid, put some rubble/course sand in it, throw in ric, put some mesh (i used an old net) over it to stop it from floating away (not touching the ric). Give it a week or two to attach to the rubble

Now glue said piece where you would like it

brotherd
09-25-2013, 03:35 AM
Is it necessary to allow it to attach naturally or could I just pick it and use a dab of coral glue to secure it? Sorry for the hijack Dearth.

Coral Hoarder
09-25-2013, 04:23 AM
you cant glue the base of a mush room or ric unless thers a rock on the botom they seem to wigle out

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-25-2013, 04:27 AM
I would try to carefully "cut" the rock so that a small sliver remains attached to the Ricordea and then move it to someplace more suitable. Don't cut too close to the Ric but leave enough rock so it remains attached.