PDA

View Full Version : Caution with superglue

windcoast reefs
09-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey everyone,

So I just had a new experience in reefing today!

I was making a few frags and my filefish decided to take a bite of the superglue. So long story short the filefish got his mouth stuck together and I had to catch him and remove the piece of superglue. He is looking fine and there doesn't appear to be any damage.

In the future im going to make sure the glue is fully dry before it goes in the tank!

spit.fire
09-23-2013, 09:11 PM
I wonder if he learnt his lesson....

Myka
09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
That is sooo ridiculous. :lol:

windcoast reefs
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM
That is sooo ridiculous. :lol:

Yeah I know! I never expected it to happen, But apparently it is pretty common! A quick search on google brought up a couple dozen forums with the same thing!

windcoast reefs
09-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I wonder if he learnt his lesson....

Some how I don't think he did!

brizzo
09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
My peppermint shrimp did the same thing a few weeks ago while gluing a ricordia to a larger piece of rock. Ooops :lol:

wayner
09-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Wonder if it work if I put some on my better half's French Fries :biggrin:

windcoast reefs
09-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Wonder if it work if I put some on my better half's French Fries :biggrin:

:biggrin:

reefwars
09-23-2013, 10:04 PM
me and your fish have something in common lol just the other night i glued my lips and my eye lol i wiped my eye which of course had glue on my finger then my lips lol

so far ive glued my nose,fingers,knees to the floor, eyelids,lips and lost alot of arm skin to the glue with having to shave it off lol :P

fun times!!

Fesso
09-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Glad your fis is OK....
Wish it worked better in cases like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aWvnXQURsJk/T1HLM_-T0qI/AAAAAAAAAL8/y8Uj10t4ub4/s400/Neo-mouth.jpg

windcoast reefs
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
me and your fish have something in common lol just the other night i glued my lips and my eye lol i wiped my eye which of course had glue on my finger then my lips lol

so far ive glued my nose,fingers,knees to the floor, eyelids,lips and lost alot of arm skin to the glue with having to shave it off lol :P

fun times!!

That is amazing!

I worked with a guy that glued his entire hand to a 2000 pound panelsaw when I was a furniture maker. Anyways, 4 hours later, the entire fire department, and a surgeon being called in, managed to get his hand off the bench in one piece. All that because somebody forgot to put a lid on a 1L bottle of the stuff!

He never managed to live that one down!

Aquattro
09-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Yeah I know! I never expected it to happen, But apparently it is pretty common! A quick search on google brought up a couple dozen forums with the same thing!

haha, my filefish did the same thing.

reefwars
09-24-2013, 12:20 AM
That is amazing!

I worked with a guy that glued his entire hand to a 2000 pound panelsaw when I was a furniture maker. Anyways, 4 hours later, the entire fire department, and a surgeon being called in, managed to get his hand off the bench in one piece. All that because somebody forgot to put a lid on a 1L bottle of the stuff!

He never managed to live that one down!

lol reminds me of when i was just finishing highschool a friend of mine use to work filling vending machines so figured he knew the in's and the outs of the machines , well in the year book is a epic pic of him surrounded by about a dozen people including police and paramedics who were all saying why you would try something so dumb....he got stuck and couldnt get out lol

total homer moment....doh!!!

Evilweevil
09-24-2013, 05:25 AM
They actually have a remover for this type of glue they usually have it in stock at Windsor I think , might work for body parts I'm not sure about ill fishy lips though