PDA

View Full Version : apex controller ?

donkey77
09-19-2013, 02:15 PM
does anybody know what kind of web cam i can use with my apex, something thats easy to setup

Simons
09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
almost any of the common available cams will work. I have used MPEG4 and H264 however, the interface from the dashboard only supports MPEG format, so you need to 'change' the video feed if you get a webcam that is H264 compression format.

I am currently using a Foscam FI8921W as my fishcam...works well.

LoJack
09-19-2013, 02:56 PM
How do you link the webcam to your APEX. This is something I had thought about when I initially bought my controller.

I just recently hooked my controller up and absolutely LOVE IT. I can't believe I went 3 years without one.

I haven't yet hooked up my ALD module and I'm waiting on a probe holder so my PH probe is not yet online either ... but I'm looking at going quite full out as I get a better understanding of the system.

Simons
09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes Apex is the snizzle..I monitor PH, ORP, Temp and Salinity and also have the ALD module. Fun fun to play with..

With the webcam integration, on the dashboard there is window dedicated to a webcam, you have to edit and put in a link to the cam. So you have to be able to see the cam from the internet (IP based camera). It seems to work quite well....

donkey77
09-19-2013, 06:20 PM
what is the ald module

LoJack
09-19-2013, 06:22 PM
what is the ald module

Advanced Leak Detection