PDA

View Full Version : Question about Radion and SPS

Oilers
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I am looking into getting some SPS for my tank and I wonder if Radion is sufficient in term of color and growth for SPS. What's your experience with it? Do you like it? Would you recommend a different LED?

Reef Pilot
09-18-2013, 03:39 PM
I use Radions (have both Gen 1's and 2's), and more than sufficient for SPS. Had to dial it down for new frags so as not to bleach them. But color and growth has been very good for me. I just use the standard Natural Mode setting, which gradually ramps up to "noon" and then back down again, just like the sun.

Proteus
09-18-2013, 03:54 PM
I use a radion now on a sps tank. It works but I am going back to halides. I found IMO. That retaining color of pieces grown under t5 or radiums its harder to keep the colors just my opinion though

kien
09-18-2013, 04:32 PM
I am looking into getting some SPS for my tank and I wonder if Radion is sufficient in term of color and growth for SPS. What's your experience with it? Do you like it? Would you recommend a different LED?

I have never run Radions but I have seen some very nice Radion SPS tanks, which leads me to conclude that yes, these lights are sufficient, all else being equal (water chemistry/parameters, flow, good husbandry, etc).