PDA

View Full Version : Joes Juice.

DiscusZ
06-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Anyone near the far se have some? i need to zap one of those bad anemomes too early to spell.. can i borrow a shot of juice?

Jim Barry
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
I have a bottle I will sell you for $10.00.

PM me for my telephone number....

Jim

medican
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
WHAT MAKES THEM SO BAD ????????

DOO-E
06-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Medican dont joke around with aptasias. The are nasty stuff. The multiply quickly and they are anenomes so they sting your corals, the corals wont open and wont feed because of the stinging of these little nasties. Although if you are raising heniocious, Copperband, and other fish that eat the stuff then it really isnt that bad just as long as you dont have any corals.

DOO-E
06-28-2004, 02:14 PM
DiscusZ your webpage dont work. The home page does but when i go to look at things it just wont go. says the page is out of date can you fix it?

AJ_77
06-28-2004, 05:57 PM
WHAT MAKES THEM SO BAD ????????
You've got some now, don't you? Me too... same source.

:biggrin:

A nice syringe with a sweeping tapered tip is a great tool for these. That and a kettle...

medican
06-28-2004, 06:04 PM
YUP.....YUP.......

ok now how do we get rid of them......
I have never seen this "Joes Juice

Thanks guys
Richard

medican
06-28-2004, 06:09 PM
YUP.....YUP.......

ok now how do we get rid of them......
I have never seen this "Joes Juice

Thanks guys
Richard

AJ_77
06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
GOTCHA... GOTCHA...
:biggrin:

You need a small syringe with a nice tapered tip, as mentioned above. The one that comes with Joe's Juice works well too, but isn't as long as the ones I got from the dentist/drugstore.

Then you turn off your pumps, and either feed them a glob of the Juice from the supplied syringe, or use boiling hot water. With the Juice, they seem to recognize it as food and take it in - then they sort of melt and die.

With the boiling water, they shrink away -duh- but if you can get a good look at their little cranny, and get the syringe tip right in there, then just keep it coming until you've emptied the syringe right into the hole. Do another if needed - heck, do three... :biggrin:

Take care not to damage anything nearby. Either method has worked for me, but the boiled ones never came back. A few of the Juiced ones came back (for me).

Try not to get the Juice or the hot-hot water on much else, as they certainly can harm other living things.

DiscusZ
06-29-2004, 04:24 AM
I managed to get the rock out that it was on, took a knife to it, cleaned it out of the hole. I know I completely got it out.

Not sure where I got this from it was on a rock that I re-cycled when I restarted my tank after the crash of '03 (well over heat of '03) so nothing should of survived that heat for almost a week, but I guess you never know.

jim