PDA

View Full Version : the big day

reefhawk
06-26-2004, 11:57 PM
finally moving my two tanks into my new (now 3 months old 180 gal.). Man who would have thought it would take that long to build a stand, make a sump,plumb it up, get the sand and salt all settled and up to temp. Have all my corals in a huge rubbermaid container with heater and power heads. Some of them don't even seem to know the difference, a couple are pretty much closed and obviously not happy. In the process of mixing in the old crushed coral and some very fine argonite into the 180 I have clouded it a bit. Do I have to wait for it to completely settle before adding fish and corals.? Any experience or even good guesses would be muchly appreciated. I am quite sure this is more stressful for me than the organisms. Thanks.

AJ_77
06-27-2004, 12:10 AM
A little cloudiness doesn't seem to hurt 'em. And a recreational beverage for you won't hurt either...

reefhawk
06-27-2004, 12:35 AM
now there's some first rate advice. A little drinkie would suit me fine right about now- thanks. The few fish i have put in seem ok, they just are a little clingy to the rocks.